XF Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have just been quoted between £450 - £500 from my dealer to supply and fit these. They are waiting for fitting times from Jaguar before finally quoting as they have never fitted any before!

That seems a little on the high side to me and wondered what other forum members have paid for this accessory, if you don't mind me asking. I know some have bought off e-bay to fit themselves, but I'm not confident enough to do that and would rather they be fitted by a Jaguar technician.

Appreciate any help on this one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
176 Posts
My first reaction was that that sounded bl**dy expensive... but on the jag site the quote is as follows, so unless you can get them fitted yourself, then I guess they arent far wrong with their cost:- (cant say i'd pay that much tho; thought it would be more like the chrome power vent prices!!) :eek:

Illuminated Sill Treadplates
Features & Benefits
Phosphur blue illumination to match vehicle interior lighting.
Part Number VIN Range
C2Z5587AMT
Pricing Information (excl. Fitting)
Price incl. VAT: £333.00

Colour
Oyster
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perhaps it's not such a bad price after all, particularly if it's closer to £450.00. Will have to decide just how much I like them, which to be honest is quite a lot so I guess I'll have to raid kids the kids piggy bank again :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
I think I'm gonna raid the piggy bank for this aswell.... :lol:

They look fab - I'd rather spend the money on these than on the chrome vents.

I'm assuming they are installed on all 4 doors :?: :?:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
boothy said:
I think I'm gonna raid the piggy bank for this aswell.... :lol:

They look fab - I'd rather spend the money on these than on the chrome vents.

I'm assuming they are installed on all 4 doors :?: :?:
That is a very good question. I have just assumed so but perhaps someone who has them can confirm?

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
no, front 2 doors only.

They do look great.

P
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
176 Posts
XFAndy said:
boothy said:
I think I'm gonna raid the piggy bank for this aswell.... :lol:

They look fab - I'd rather spend the money on these than on the chrome vents.

I'm assuming they are installed on all 4 doors :?: :?:
That is a very good question. I have just assumed so but perhaps someone who has them can confirm?

Thanks
Online says 'a pair' so presuming only front 2; if the 4 then I would agree its a reasonable price...but for the 2, well, not so sure.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HerculesPP said:
no, front 2 doors only.

They do look great.

P
Shame it's only the front doors but still very tempted. Will let you know what I decide
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
22,498 Posts
I am wondering, when these plates are fitted if it is de rigueur to drive around with the doors open :?: :lol:
It seems like a lot of money for an extra that will only be seen on invitation, or fleetingly, when entering or exiting the car :eek:
At least with the Chrome Vents, like them or loathe them, they are visible to someone all the time. :!:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
pekem said:
I am wondering, when these plates are fitted if it is de rigueur to drive around with the doors open :?: :lol:
It seems like a lot of money for an extra that will only be seen on invitation, or fleetingly, when entering or exiting the car :eek:
At least with the Chrome Vents, like them or loathe them, they are visible to someone all the time. :!:
But surely that is the very problem with them :D :D

I like to think of the sills as classy and understated and indeed only to be seen by the chosen few. A bit like many good things in life, the fact that you know they are there is what matters, not necessarily having to see them all the time. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
With my 1st xf I had the door sills fitted and the chrome vents done at the same time. Yes the sills looked good, but unfortunately they only really showed up in the evenings and whilst driving into my garage. My choice on my next xf was to just have the vents done, and now awaiting my 3rd xf will keep to vents only. It's down to you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
294 Posts
Do you do a fantastically high mileage Tom, or are you just restless?

Three XFs in such a short time verges on the obsessional!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
1st xf had 1000 miles 2nd had 1300 miles on clock hope i will love new one and put a lot more on clock . i have ordered in radiance but never seen one in flesh !
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
22,498 Posts
SN08 TOM said:
1st xf had 1000 miles 2nd had 1300 miles on clock hope i will love new one and put a lot more on clock . i have ordered in radiance but never seen one in flesh !
You could have added Tom that you jumped up and down until Jaguar did the "right thing" and made you happy. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
Sorry Peter I've got nothing but praise for Jaguar CRC in dealing with my issues. Like I said, I can not wait until I get my 3rd xf hopefully 24 March 09 and counting
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Had quote from my dealer of £450 for treadplates so your prices seem about right. I agree with XFAndy though that the chrome vents are a lesser option - just too bling!
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top