XF Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi People I wonder if anyone else has had this problem ? I have a 2008 2.7lt and I am losing coolant I took it to my mechanic and he said it was leaking from the back of the block but it was under warrantee so I took it to the sales company for their guys to look at. They fitted a new water pump and basically said that was the problem. I drove it home some 60 miles averaging 60-70mph no problem. It stood on my drive for 20 mins then I went 2 miles to a shop and when I returned all of the water had emptied from the cooling system. No over heating , no warning lights nothing but definitely dumping it out of the back. My mechanic seems to think it is the core plug at the back of the block but really wanted to see if anyone has encountered anything like this ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't know about the 2008 2.7 liter but there were years of the 3.0 liter (my 2013 included) which had an issue with coolant piping/connectors. I had to have mine replaced and it was around $1,200 because the supercharger had to be removed to replace the faulty part. The good news (if you can call it that) was that Jaguar engineers eventually recognized the problem and re-engineered the faulty part and re-issued it with a new part number (my repair received the re-engineered part). You should be able to find other references to this problem on this forum.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't know about the 2008 2.7 liter but there were years of the 3.0 liter (my 2013 included) which had an issue with coolant piping/connectors. I had to have mine replaced and it was around $1,200 because the supercharger had to be removed to replace the faulty part. The good news (if you can call it that) was that Jaguar engineers eventually recognized the problem and re-engineered the faulty part and re-issued it with a new part number (my repair received the re-engineered part). You should be able to find other references to this problem on this forum.
This was the issue with my XF 2012 3.0l Diesel where there is a plastic coolant junction buried at the rear of the engine V that splits over time. The complete junction needs to be replaced and I am surprised that Jaguar didn't use an alloy or steel instead of plastic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts