XF Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, just registered!
Very happy with my 2 weeks old Prem.Luxury 2.7D, running on 19" Aurigas.
Everyone that sees it is very impressed!
Just a couple of things I 'd like to moan about.
Fuel conusmption is soooo poor! I knew I wouldn't get the 37mpg average it says in the brochure. But so far I haven't seen more than 32mpg average. I am running it on BP Ultimate Diesel and even try to drive with the Speed Limiter on 85mph so that I won't over do it. I've done just over 1000 miles so far, do you kow if it will get any better?
Second thing is that it developed a noise from the Driver's Seat Belt/ Belt Tensioner, only a small ticking noise audible between 50-80 mph, Jag dealer in Wolves to check the car next week.
Apart from these brilliant, the B+W stereo very good but not sure how much better than the Premium Jag one.
Nice to meet you all guys! Any comments very welcome...
chris ;)

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
Welcome ck1,
First things first! You can't just come on here without your car :lol:
We will alll want to know much more, what colour is it, what extras did you add, where it normally lives, and most importantly, where is the photograph :?: You have had it for two weeks now so there must be an host of pictures somewhere.
As for your fuel consumption; well my immediate thought is that you might just be driving at a too higher speed to get much better. Just go out to your car and scroll through the information module and report back what the average speed is showing :oops:
Seriously, I suspect that you are not doing at all badly if you are getting around 32mpg at the higher speeds. On the other hand others may tell you they are getting a lot better. I get about 35 but I do not get much opportunity for 85mph very often. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Pekem

thanks for this. Well, believe it or not I haven't taken any pics of the car yet. I have relatives and friends abroad who all want me to send them pics but I have recently become so superstitious that I have persuaded myself that if I do that their envy will cause me an accident. I suppose for the XF froum it doesn't matter as most people here have an XF! So I promise I'll take some pics and add them on my profile very soon.
Some brief history then:
I live in Chester and ordered my XF in February, took delivery 2 weeks ago.
Dealer was nice (Rybrook) but very bad giving me updates on delivery, I had to call them almost every second day towards the end!
I chose the colour and wheels only from the brochure (Pearl Grey and 19" Aurigas) and all the extra (B&W stereo, rear camera, xenon lights) just by reading about them. So i was relieved to say the least when I got delivery of the car to really really like the colour, wheels everything!!!!!!
I like the fact that apart from the SV8 you can't tell what the other models are (diesel, petrol engines etc) so unless you hear the engine from the outside no-one knows it's a diesel.
As far as the consumption goes, on my first tank I managed just over 30mpg with average speed 46mph and on the second I am on 32-33mpg with average speed 60mph.
As sais in a previous post, the car is at its best and more economical on low motorway speeds and A roads, in town and when in traffic the engine "drinks like a fish".
Speak soon everyone!
ck :)

·
Administrator
433 Posts
Welcome to the forum CK and congrats on the car.

Pearl grey is the choice for the discerning XF driver! (Mines pearl grey too! but with Carelia alloys)

Only had mine a week and it has rained EVERY bloody day since I've had apart from a few hours when I gave it a wash so still no photos from me either.

My MPG is worse than yours at the moment on a 2.7d - only around 26mpg but that's mostly town driving so not too concerned - I'm sure it will be better when I do some more motorway runs and the engine has run in a bit more.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Had mine a week and managed 600 mines averaging 32mpg, mostly on motorways and I’ve been pretty light footed. I found out this week that a guy who works here worked on some of the engine calibration and commented that the turbo seals have a lot of stiction from new and take quite a few miles to loosen, so he said the mpg will improve with a couple of thousand miles on.
I can live with the mpg, its the lack luster performance that I am most surprised by.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the comments guys, it all depends what you drove before, I find the performence to be great.
My journey to work is 60 miles one-way and most of it on an A road, the torque makes it a bit of cake to overtake a slow lorry with 4-5 scared drivers behind him. They watch with their jaw dropped when I stick the drive on S and put my foot down overtaking them all. I love it!!!!!!
I agree on the colour, I know it's personal preference but pearl grey with champgne leather and truffle and burr walnut is really hard to beat. Also I agree with other posts, the colour changes with the weather. Sometimes, purple, sometimes brown and sometimes grey/graphite, lovely!!!
I am really old-fashioned and I will have an interim service at 5k miles, oil change a bit of tuning etc (£150 at my local dealer), then I can really put my foot down and enjoy...
cheers
ck

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
ck1 said:
Thanks for the comments guys, it all depends what you drove before, I find the performence to be great.
My journey to work is 60 miles one-way and most of it on an A road, the torque makes it a bit of cake to overtake a slow lorry with 4-5 scared drivers behind him. They watch with their jaw dropped when I stick the drive on S and put my foot down overtaking them all. I love it!!!!!!I agree on the colour, I know it's personal preference but pearl grey with champgne leather and truffle and burr walnut is really hard to beat. Also I agree with other posts, the colour changes with the weather. Sometimes, purple, sometimes brown and sometimes grey/graphite, lovely!!!
I am really old-fashioned and I will have an interim service at 5k miles, oil change a bit of tuning etc (£150 at my local dealer), then I can really put my foot down and enjoy...cheers ck
ck,
You are beyond redemption and you must pay the price :shock:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts