XF Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking at the Jaguar XF as my Company car - been to the Jaguar garage to see it in the flesh. Love the back of this car, wasn't convinced about the front plus it's worse than a BMW 5-series on company car tax because of the C02 output.
I fell in love with the interior and the fact that I can use my iphone through the doc.

Anyone else got the XF as a Company Car or is it all private sales? Just looking for a reason (some support) to go for the XF rather than the more sensible option financially (the 5-series).

·
Registered
618 Posts
I will give you a reason....

XF - exciting and modern

5 series - dull and masses of them (especially debaged povery spec ones)

Job done

·
Registered
374 Posts
xfchick, I used to have an E60 5-Series that I kept for 18 months. It was a great car - very nice to drive, 100% reliable, economical and smooth. I couldn't really fault the car.

But...the interior, whilst bombproof and of very high quality, was a bit sterile and boring. It really didn't spark any emotions in me when I opened the drivers door and sat inside. I just knew I would get from A to B in comfort and without breaking down. It was hard to remember the drive.

I think with the XF, every drive will be an occasion and something to be remembered. You'll look forward to sitting in the XF and taking in the sheer beauty of the interior. I don't think the interior is of better quality than that of a 5-Series, but it's in a completely different league when it comes to stimulating your senses. Visually, it's a world away from a 5-Series, and any other exec car for that matter.

So it all boils down to this: do you want to sit in a car that gets you from A to B without making you smile or do you want to enjoy the drive, feel like a million dollars and arrive at your destination with a huge smile on your face?

Get the XF! Yes, you'll pay a bit more in company car tax but what price happiness?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine's a company job (6 weeks on friday!) but we run a funny scheme whereby we get an allowance to lease a car from a company scheme - meaning no tax (but our allowance is lower - company saves money and we don't have to worry about tax). I was considering a 535D which is an absolute flying machine, but to spec it up to the same level as the jag it would have cost me the same per month.

My concern with the beemer was the fact it's an old model (I'm keeping this for 3 years and the 5 series is replaced in 09), there's shedloads of them about and I just don't feel like I'm a BMW driver!

And it has no soul...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts