XF Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reading about Craig's green car here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=423 it was mentioned that he had experienced numerous incidents, probably due to the colour. I had always gone with the fact that Green Cars costed more on insurance, as they blended in with countryside (some rumour I heard years ago) and Green cars were the highest when it came to claims.

Well, this article http://www.persfin.co.za/index.php?fSec ... Id=4530152 seems to say the complete opposite (if there is any truth in it at all?) and according to colormatters.com, the colour you choose for your car gives some insight into your personality. Apparently, if you choose:

White You could be status-seeking and an extrovert.

Black You’re somewhat more likely to be aggressive, an outsider or a rebel.

Silver You’re probably cool, calm and slightly aloof - probably ambitious too.

Green It could be an indication of hysterical tendencies.

Blue It’s likely that you’re reflective, introspective and cautious.

Gray You’re dedicated to work, and generally a calm and sober individual.

Yellow You probably like novelty and are idealistic.

Red You move and talk quickly and you’re full of zest, energy and drive.

Pink You’re probably a kind, loving, gentle and affectionate person.

Cream It could indicate a self-contained and controlled individual.

Whether colour comes into it or not, its interesting reading :!:

What next - Your star sign :?:

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
I don't know if insurance companies in the UK factor the colour in to a premium or not, I suspect that they don't. I know that it is possible to identify the engine, model and colour of a car by the registration number and that the number is sought by the cost comparison sites when seeking a quote. However, I also think that a premium quote is generated for an inquiry when the registration number is not known.
Also, in this country white is said to be the safest colour and the dark colours the least safe.

As for colour and personality, I am wondering what would be said about a colour such as my Botanical Green which changes like a chameleon. All mixed up I suppose :eek:

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have had 3 green cars and all of them were trouble one way or another, the wife swears that they are unlucky, they were for me.

gary

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
garyxf said:
I have had 3 green cars and all of them were trouble one way or another, the wife swears that they are unlucky, they were for me.

gary
One can only assume Gary that you are either masochistic or a slow learner; three indeed :eek: :lol:

·
Registered
306 Posts
pekem said:
garyxf said:

gary
One can only assume Gary that you are either masochistic or a slow learner; three indeed :eek: :lol:

They were spread over many years Wolsley 6/80, Triumph Herald and a BMW Coupe, first was bugger, second was that a coincidence and third was will I ever learn.

gary

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
garyxf said:
pekem said:
garyxf said:

gary

They were spread over many years Wolsley 6/80, Triumph Herald and a BMW Coupe, first was bugger, second was that a coincidence and third was will I ever learn.

gary
There is trip down memory lane :)
My favourite would be the Wolseley and as for the Herald; I can only remember it in the Green. Whatever happened to mine ( 274 GOR ) I wonder :lol:

·
Registered
306 Posts
The 6/80 was a nice car but used a gallon of oil every 28 miles slightly better than the petrol figures, green leather and a push button radio we were spoilt in those days. Funny thing is the herald 12/50 is my favourite of all the cars I have owned mainly because of the memories.

gary

·
Registered
56 Posts
garyxf said:
Funny thing is the herald 12/50 is my favourite of all the cars I have owned mainly because of the memories.

gary

I wonder what kind of memories :?: :?: [Jonathan Ross/Russell Brand moment there] :eek: :D

Definitely going off topic, I also owned 2 Triumph Heralds when I was a student in the 70s, finishing with a 1970 13/60 saloon that I bought in about 1978. It was much better than the 1966 1200 I had before that. Cars were so simple in those days, on my 1200 the heated rear window was a bought and self fitted accessory, if you kept it switched on for too long, even when on a motorway, it would run down the battery, the drain was more than the dynamo could produce. As an impecunious student a new tyre cost me less than a fiver, and an exhaust was around £7. The 13/60 had a factory fitted heated rear window, a vertical walnut dashboard which you could reach behind, plus a large Webasto fabric sunroof.

They were fun I suppose, but RAC membership was both mandatory and good value. I have some pleasant memories of the car and the girlfriends, but also waiting for the RAC :) Unfortunately I have regained that aspect with my XF purchase, but not the girlfriends ;)

Tony

1 - 8 of 8 Posts