XF Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I may order an XF 3.0D S PORTFOLIO this week but need to choose colour and internal combo. I know it’s a matter of personal choice /taste but what do people think is a good COLOUR combo?

Thinking of;

Emerald green Barley seats
Indigo Spice seats
Vapour Grey spice seats
Radiance or ivory seats

Richard

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
RPB1 said:
Ok I may order an XF 3.0D S PORTFOLIO this week but need to choose colour and internal combo. I know it’s a matter of personal choice /taste but what do people think is a good COLOUR combo?

Thinking of;

Emerald green Barley seats
Indigo Spice seats
Vapour Grey spice seats
Radiance or ivory seats

Richard
Botanical Geen with Barley seats
You might say I am biased but for a second opinion ask XF FX
:D :D

·
Registered
196 Posts
i have had lunar /dove, indigo/ivory.radiance/barley, . Radiance/Barley was mrs SNO8TOM and juniors choice which I totally objected to, but you know what they're like getting their own way :) . Dreading collection but my opinion now is absolute dogs do das :lol:

·
Registered
92 Posts
i'd have to say that I would do for balck with ivory! but then I am a tad biased!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I think it can also depend on the miles you're doing and how long you intend to keep the car....and ofcourse whether you have kids or not!

I've had light coloured leather before and after 80,000 miles and 4 years (with kids in the car) it had seen better days. I try to stick to darker colours for interior and change the exterior colour to whatever takes my fancy...

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Colour combinations are a very personal thing.
My first XF was Vapour Grey with Champagne, which has now changed to Barley. I chose VG because it was unobtrusive and wouldn't show the dirt. However it could look a bit dull in certain lights. The interior was fine apart from the impractical very pale carpets. I felt like a change when I ordered the 3.0D S Portfolio, so I went for Ultimate Black with Spice seats. I was not keen on an all black interior and I was concerned about the practicality of Ivory. I'm completely satisfied with my choice especially as the Figured Ebony veneer has streaks of spice colour in the grain. Spice is a very hard colour to capture digitally, but after experimenting these images are pretty close.
Don't forget Radiance is being replaced by Claret.

·
Registered
196 Posts
So Radiance is being replaced, at least your car won't be common ;)

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
Just look at that Barley, although it was called Champagne when I bought it, interior :)
I mean; that is Class :lol:
Look out of your window, nearly all the world and his wife are in cars with dark interiors :(

·
Registered
39 Posts
Vapor Grey with Barley.
Interior Barley is called champagne here in Belgium when I bought.
Very Class

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Zortech said:
Vapor Grey with Barley.
Interior Barley is called champagne here in Belgium when I bought.
Very Class
The carpet is very pale in that colour combination.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Right penultimateblack.
This is point I should acknowledge.
But watching at the car from outside, the combination Grey and Champagne looks class.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts