XF Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The manual says you can close electric windows by holding for 3 secs on the door button or the key fob.
On mine this has no effect, so if you inadvertently leave the window open you have to go back into the car, switch the ignition on, and put the window up with the door switch
Anyone got any advice on this?
Thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
On my Car ('09 3.0DS) on the touch screen:-

1. Go to VEHICLE option

2. Go to SECURITY

3. Go to VEHICLE SETTINGS

4. Go to the 3rd Sreen of that option

5. You will see there options to Globally Open & Close all windows with the remote.

6. Check that 'ON' is selected for closing &/or opening to your choice and see if it works.

I assume if you do not have these options or having made your choice it does not work, in both cases you need the help of your dealer.

I am afraid that exhausts my knowledge on this subject except to say that I have both options set to 'on' and one of my young children played with the remote inside the house and managed to open all the windows and the boot just before the wettest night for months, it took two hours to dry the car out - too much technologie?

Good luck.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi :D

No on mine if you leave all windows open and as you say hold keyfob button down then YES all my windows will ALL start to close and alarm will set it's self.

JACKAROO :lol:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for these comments - I have subsequently found the relevant page in the manual and have now set the windows to accept global closing only. It works

I didnt set it for global opening. I am struggling to think why you would want to open all 4 windows - and judging by the accident above could be quite a nuisance!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts