XF Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every few days I notice my clock is slow. It seems to loose about 1 - 2 minutes evey 5 - 7 days. :cry:
Has anyone else noticed this and if yes have you been able to rectify the problem :?:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Mine seems pretty accurate. Set it when first had the car and the 'pips' on he radio are still within 10 seconds or so.

The amount yours is losing is clearly not right, good luck with fixing it

·
Registered
618 Posts
Yes it happens to me and i notice it most when i am watching the TV with something like News24 starting the hour news and my clock says 5 to the hour!

I have reported it to Jaguar. No resolution yet!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yes, I reported this soon after taking delivery a year ago. My 2000 BMW had a clock tied to the atomic clock and I can't understand why, years later, this is not the norm.

·
Registered
52 Posts
What I don't understand is why the clock does not autoupdate as it has in my previous cars - including my wife's SLK. My previous S-Types didn't update either and I don't understand why Jaguar doesn't do this when radios have RDS.

Unless I'm missing something, that is.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Are you sure you are saving the time once you have adjusted it? I had the same thing but realised I wasn't saving my adjustments each time.

Paul.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Denis in Dublin said:
Every few days I notice my clock is slow. It seems to loose about 1 - 2 minutes evey 5 - 7 days. :cry:
Has anyone else noticed this and if yes have you been able to rectify the problem :?:
Once again I feel better by reading this forum...

I though this was just my clock losing time. It will now be put down to a 'feature' and no more sleep lost.

Of course, with all the technology stuffed into the XF it would have been easy to have it auto update. Costs had to be saved somewhere (and not just by fitting cheap carpet to the boot!!).

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi All,

YES......My clock also keeps loosing time, have put it correct 3 times in the last 4 weeks ,did talk to Jaguar (Harwoods) Chichester when I was in there the other day and all I can see is that the problem has been noted by a few but nothing planed to sort it out I have been informed...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same here. I am loosing 45 seconds a month. Can you believe that when I raised it with Jaguar, they said it was "within jaguar specifications"

If they have such low spec for their digital clock, Im not surprised Ive had to have the rear sensors, brake disks, handbrake, fuel flap, door sills etc etc etc replaced under warranty!

I think I'll write to Jaguar to ask them what they think an acceptable 'spec' is for a digital clock. I dont notice cheap watches or any other car clock having this feature! :evil:

·
Registered
628 Posts
Does this mean that youll live longer? :)

·
Administrator
22,498 Posts
Welcome to the forum r1666a :)
Sorry to read that you are disappointed with the performance of the clock. :(
Do let us all know if Jaguar elaborate on acceptable "spec".
In the meantime, please consider adding a little detail in your Profile section @ ucp.php because the catalogue of errors you mention, which I am pleased to read have all been dealt with under warranty, suggest that you have a pre 09 XF which did suffer from some of the issues you highlight. :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Guys, you need to buy yourselves a quality self-winding watch, then you will know all about losing time. :lol: My Breitling loses on average at a minute per day, sometimes more, though my Victorinox equivalent keeps near perfect time always.

I usually go by the sun, if it's dark then it's either evening or night time. :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
My clock is accurate within 20 seconds - can be fast - can be slow.

I go to the continent quite frequently with the car and add or subtract the hour as appropriate.

I have noticed what appears to be a slight anomaly - whilst the clock is actually in adjust mode it does not appear to be running. It starts again when you touch the 'set' button.

The process of re-setting the time seems to retard it by the time it has actually taken to reset it. This is just a perception I have and is simply based on my observation that after resetting the time on the clock, it seems to be slower by 30 - 40 seconds or so.

The lugubrious point is, if you regularly reset the clock, could this be the cause of your time loss?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Foxtrot said:
The lugubrious point is, if you regularly reset the clock, could this be the cause of your time loss?
Wouldn't that be fantastic? :D
The irony and beauty of such a Sisyphean task...

I will probably suffer sudden bursts of laughter for a week :D

Thanks

·
Registered
570 Posts
Footie you need to get your Breitling off for a service....it shouldn't loose that much! I know my Brietling is a quartz, but it's guaranteed to 15 seconds a year, it even has a temp sensor in it to regulate the time more closely.

Maybe Jag should get a Breitling movement in their cars, Bentley have ;)

·
Registered
103 Posts
David said:
Footie you need to get your Breitling off for a service....it shouldn't loose that much! I know my Brietling is a quartz, but it's guaranteed to 15 seconds a year, it even has a temp sensor in it to regulate the time more closely.

Maybe Jag should get a Breitling movement in their cars, Bentley have ;)
Oh it's been sent off on a couple of occasions and each time on return it's either quick like the first time it was looked at or slow like the second time, and each time cost a bucket of money. Maybe on each occasion the watch worked perfectly without being on a wrist but it loses so much time that I seldom use it now.

In any case I prefer the look and feel of my Victorinox which now gets pride of place.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts