XF Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to get my climate control do do much other than blow out cold air. If I leave it on auto, then the fan comes on strongly and it makes me/passengers cold, and even if you turn up temperature target to 23/24 degrees on a cool day it's still cooling car and not comfortable unless you take it off auto and point vents away.

It seems to keep blowing cold air permanently, and the only way to get car warm seems to be to go to cliamte page and engage air conditioning rather than climate auto, but that tends to go the other way and it gets stuffy! Any ideas, and what temperature would normally make car "warm" inside - how long does it take to get there?

Thanks

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have my side vents pointing towards the windows and the central vents pointing to the rear (when there are no passengers in the back) or towards the roof.
I have to say the XF climate control is a class above those i've had in previous BMW's or Mercedes.
I usually leave mine set to 21.5.

It may be worth you going into the settings tab within Climate.
You can adjust the sensitivity of the light sensor which I believe dictates how much extra cooling gets pumped into the cabin. Mine is set to two bars.
I found three or more and the temperature fluctuated too much on a sunny day.

·
Registered
126 Posts
thatchamcat said:
It may be worth you going into the settings tab within Climate.
You can adjust the sensitivity of the light sensor which I believe dictates how much extra cooling gets pumped into the cabin. Mine is set to two bars.
Whereabouts is this?? The only adjustment I see is the "recirculation mode" sensitivity... :?

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Can't find this setting on mine either :?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I think the sensitivity setting that is being talked about is the auto air recirculation sensitivity which determines the level of outside 'smell' before it starts recirculating. I have the latest model and there is no setting for the light sensor as far as I can see.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
sodgob said:
From memory.. on the climate window, there is a box on the top right " settings" try that.
Found it, thanks sodgob ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts