XF Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Couldn't find any recent posts for info.

I wonder what the fuel of choice is for the V6 3.0L? Generally we use the normal diesel from Esso.

Car has 60K miles and never been an issue before, the odd yellow yes, but cleared that with a dynamic regen.
Unfortunately I wasn't able to do a Forced regen as I wasn't around, but he wifee took the car to a local garage and had a Forté Power flush. Went from over 30g soot down to 4g which is great.

Failing good clean fule, are there any additives that people seem to use to good effect or are they all Snake oil derivatives?

Thanks,
Tel

·
Registered
116 Posts
I generally use Esso standard diesel too and the car seems to like it and runs well on it. I also occasionally add Redex Diesel System Cleaner which seems to keep things clean. It is important to ensure the car does some reasonably long journeys which also helps to keep the DPF regens happening as they should.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks - That's the problem down here, we don't have motorways close and it's mainly B roads.
We have the odd dual carriageway, but trying ot keep above 45 and below 70mph for 20mins is a challenge, hence one of the reasons I bought the iCarsoft 2.

The garageused Forté flush and fuel additive DPF clean, but guess all products are similar chemicals, so I'll go a hunting for the finer details.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, I was using Texaco diesel, the good stuff, then it seemed to go off the boil a bit so, I did a bit of research and came across this:- HYDRA MAXIMUS - Diesel Injector Cleaner
I filled up with normal Texaco diesel and added 100ml of this stuff, wow what a difference, so much better now, a lot more responsive and better mpg. I told my brother about it and he bought a bottle to try in his BMW 335 x-drive, he said exactly the same as me. He has bought another load of it and puts it in his wife's and daughters mercs. His daughter was also impressed, the wife (very light footed) didn't notice any difference.
If you do give it a go, read the instructions first, do not put the full bottle in at once.
I got mine from Amazon, it worked out cheaper for me.
Good luck.
Stu

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi, I was using Texaco diesel, the good stuff, then it seemed to go off the boil a bit so, I did a bit of research and came across this:- HYDRA MAXIMUS - Diesel Injector Cleaner
I filled up with normal Texaco diesel and added 100ml of this stuff, wow what a difference, so much better now, a lot more responsive and better mpg. I told my brother about it and he bought a bottle to try in his BMW 335 x-drive, he said exactly the same as me. He has bought another load of it and puts it in his wife's and daughters mercs. His daughter was also impressed, the wife (very light footed) didn't notice any difference.
If you do give it a go, read the instructions first, do not put the full bottle in at once.
I got mine from Amazon, it worked out cheaper for me.
Good luck.
Stu
Cheers Stu - Wow, 500mL treat 250L I like the concentrations levels. Most seem to be sling in the whole bottle jobbie!
For 15 quid it's worth a try and it's British so supporting our own.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts