XF Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At last he concedes that the XF is a great car and that the 3.0S and the new engine are terrific, better than BMW.

Now for a sensible appraisal on Top Gear!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Interesting how he picked up on the 'jittery ride', the seats and the poor getaway performance...

Now accepting that not a lot can be done with the seats (I didn't really notice on the test drive) or the jittery ride (I did notice this but used to it now and doesn't REALLY bother me), if indeed the software could be updated to improve the 'throttle cable feels like it snapped' feeling when wanting to get a move on in the busy junction/roundabout scenario, then lets hope it can be done!

However having said that, I do find it odd how some people said that the ECU gets 'confused'; wouldn't you think Jag would have considered this area of performance and not have such a weird behaviour - i.e. fixed it already?

Ah well... just airing my Sunday evening thoughts :)

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
Jeremy Clarkson
"That, however, is it. A hesitancy to the throttle, a seating problem that’s an issue only if you drive fast and a small but important ride flaw that could almost certainly be solved with smaller wheels and taller tyres."

Me.
"Having had the 2.7, and now in the 3.00,albeit not the S, I say there isn't anything wrong with the car at all. Quite happy with the seats on my car.
Lag, compared to the 2.7 is totally eliminated, maybe the software has been tweaked on mine and not on his. Ride on my car is brilliant, so smooth and quiet."
That's it, but then I am not being paid to be controversial :lol:

X

·
0 Posts
Keith Hall said:
Interesting how he picked up on the 'jittery ride', the seats and the poor getaway performance...

Now accepting that not a lot can be done with the seats (I didn't really notice on the test drive) or the jittery ride (I did notice this but used to it now and doesn't REALLY bother me), if indeed the software could be updated to improve the 'throttle cable feels like it snapped' feeling when wanting to get a move on in the busy junction/roundabout scenario, then lets hope it can be done!
As mentioned recently on the forum, you can now order the fabulous XFR seats for the 3.0 Diesel 'S' as part of the 'Interior Pack'....not cheap though!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts