XF Forum banner

Chrome Vents, Mirrors, Aero R Body and Tail Pipes, Pictures!

11K views 43 replies 16 participants last post by  Boo 
#1 ·
I am grateful to Steve Hunt of Guy Salmon, Northampton, Tel: 01604 239944 for providing pictures of their XF "dressed overall".
I have to say, in my view, this car wears the lot well and in the metal looks even better. :)

#7 ·
Hate the tailpipes - existing XF finish much more elegant for me.

Mirror and vent covers OK for Del Trotter, I suppose - depends whether flash or class is one's thing.

Like the front end though!

#8 ·
chesterfield said:
Is this a whole new front bumper, or is it just the grill sections behind?

And can the front grill sections be fitted after delivery?
Its a whole lower bumper assembly and the LED daytime running lights in the blades are another extra.

I must admit, I'm not sold on the tailpipes or even the chrome mesh in the front bumper, which is a worry really as I've ordered it! :|

All in including fitting and spraying you're looking at the best part of £3K :shock: Which is a lot, well for me it is.
Even with my Forces discount and VAT off it came to just under £1900. Which is why that option wasn't cleared through the domestic banker, lets hope she never reads this eh! :oops:

#9 ·
Looks ok, but with the price of those tail pipe finishers, surely you'd be better off with a Spires Exhaust.

Love mine and I think it looks wonderful. But then I am biased.....

#10 ·
It would be interesting to discover which tailpipe would have been chosen at the outset if the XF was left without one and it was required to be specced by the buyer. If the choice is between the one on the R Kit, the Spires offering or the one that we actually have, i.e, the designers choice, I have no doubt I would have opted for that. I agree with penultimateblack, the R Kit tailpipe does look heavy. Spires offering is not really distinctive; much like those I have seen on many BMW's.

#11 ·
Now come on Pekem tell that to a XFR driver.... still not a bad car to mimic I think it is only the M series that have quad tail pipes....

I've still got the original exhausts stored so when I change in January it gets returned to normal, and the pipes go on the new 3.0s he he... that is as long as I can order the XFR seats, which are magnificent....

#12 ·
£3k for a lower bumper and chrome grill bits!

I got a full bodykit prepped, sprayed (matched to pearl yellow with 27 samples done to perfect) and fitted for less than £800 + Vat, so if its £3k for just the front bumper on an XF they are taking the P**s.

I like the chorme front grill, but Ill have a bodyshop do it for less than four figures.

#13 ·
chesterfield said:
£3k for a lower bumper and chrome grill bits!

I got a full bodykit prepped, sprayed (matched to pearl yellow with 27 samples done to perfect) and fitted for less than £800 + Vat, so if its £3k for just the front bumper on an XF they are taking the P**s.

I like the chorme front grill, but Ill have a bodyshop do it for less than four figures.
Only thing missing from all that is a picture :lol:

#15 ·
The full kit consists of the front bumper, chrome mesh inserts, LED daytime running lights, side skirts, tail pipe finishers and the spoiler if you don't have the S.
So there is slightly more than just the bumper, I know that at least £1K of that price is fitting and spraying, so if you had a contact that could do it for you on the cheap, that could be an option.
But yes I do agree, it is expensive but we're not talking about a Ford or Nissan etc here, this is a Jag, even the mud flaps are over a ton before fitted! Have a look at the price of body kits for Beemers and Audi's.

#16 ·
Ahh if its not just for the bumper it makes a bit more sense, but the fact its a Jaguar will have no bearing what so ever on the difference in materials/quality of the bodykit and painting. It will no doubt be polyurathane same as most, and the painting will be no different either. Probably less complex than the pearl yellow Ive had done one one of my cars (above).

Aftermarket extras from dealers/manufacturer are always daft prices anyway. But I suppose if its that exact same bumper required, there is no option. Though it would be interesting to see if the parts themselves could be supplied individually..

Not bothered about the fairy lights (leave that to Audi), and I hadnt noticed the skirts. The Exhausts dont seem quite right to me, prefer either the standard or the aftermarket ones by spires having seen the pics. So would just be the bumper/grill for me. Though perhaps a bodyshop will be able to do something with the existing bumper and modify that to have the chromed look. Maay be something to consider down the line, but I doubt Ill modify the xf. I leave that to the Nissan, as there are a lot more aftermarket parts and options to choose from to get something unique.

Start doing that to an XF and I think I would be seriously reducing my resale market. :lol:

#17 ·
Chesterfield, I have just twigged that your pictures are of the 350, I didn't even realize it was a Nissan until you said!
I meant nothing derogatory by my comment, I was trying to emphasise mainstream cars.
My apologies.
p.s. During my first test drive of the 350 back in 2003, I actually dribbled with excitement, much to my horror and the reps amusement :oops:

#18 ·
:lol: No offence taken. Having got a Nissan and a Seat, and having owned a VW and now ordering a Jag, I can fully appreciate the difference in quality, and Im not about to say that the Nissan is screwed together as well or the interior made of materials that are the same quality as the Jag, or even the VW for that matter :lol:

Though what the Nissan and VW did for me was allow me to gain a great understanding of the aftermarket parts "scene". The differences in aftermarket parts for differing marques is not that great. Though there is an awful lot of "brand name" pricing that takes place. For example, the price of a Nismo bodykit could be double that of another make, yet there is no difference in quality.

Though adding up all the separate bits of the jag kit and pricing up the painting and fitting, the £3k isnt bad for a dealer fit - however comparing to the same fitting/painitng by taking direct to a bodyshop, it is very expensive. But if you cant get the bits individually and make your own arrangements to fit it, then the cheaper option isn't really an option anyway. :lol:

#20 ·
I like the bodykit because it adds to the overall appeal of the XF (i.e. making it look more sportie) but the chrome side vent, wing mirror and the rear pipes detract from the car.

If had it all to do again I would tick the bodykit box and the XFR seats but that can all be done next time I change because within the brief 120 miles I have covered so far I can't see myself in any other brand such is the impact that my XFdS has made on me.

An incredible motor.

#24 ·
try here on the world wide .com site - the pack looks very good imho.

Although shown here is the dealer fit pack, the factory fit one has gloss black mesh above and below the bumper line, I checked with the dealer and the upper mesh surround and Jaguar badge remain chromed.

http://xfforum.com/community/index.php?topic=3140.0

#25 ·
David said:
try here on the world wide .com site - the pack looks very good imho.

Although shown here is the dealer fit pack, the factory fit one has gloss black mesh above and below the bumper line, I checked with the dealer and the upper mesh surround and Jaguar badge remain chromed.

http://xfforum.com/community/index.php?topic=3140.0
OK, the pictures from the link look stunning, the wait for mine is becoming harder by the day.
However, I am somewhat confused by a comment you make regarding the mesh colour, while I ordered the car with the accessories at the same time are you saying my mesh will arrive in black instead?? Please clarify if you can.

James.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.