XF Forum banner

Chrome Vents on an XF , I think........

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 231 Posts

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the Chrome vent on my car and I think it enhances the appearance. What do you think :?:

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
xfphillips said:
I really do like them and I'm considering purchasing a pair, but how do you think they'll look with Liquid Silver? :?

Tommy :)
Tommy,
What would you expect an owner of a Botanical Green XF to say :?: I rejected your choice of colour a year or so ago because I thought is was insignificant. I know, that is offensive to all you Liquid Silver owners, but then you all rejected my choice :!:
I don't know what the vents will do for the Liquid Silver, I suspect they will provide relief and a much needed sparkle :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
306 Posts
There are some colours that look good with the chrome like red, green, blue and the darker greys but on other colours I find the the contrast too much like on the blacks (a bit blingy). I have Liquid Silver and thought about the vents but up to now I think that they look OK but not worth the effort or cost of changing.

gary

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have to say , to me, they add shine to a star car, but I agree they are more for the darker cars as a contrast and some bling; I wouldnt think they are that suited to the lighter cars.... that is only in my opinion. These were the first extras ordered for my Chameleon. :)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Like you say, pekem, I also think they will add a little sparkle to the car. What the salesman pointed out to me which I probably wouldn't have noticed if he hadn't was that the Liquid Silver had a blueish tinge to it depending what way you look at it.

However I do wish that the 'fender louvres' were interchangable... Not 'Disposeable.' :(
Tommy :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Not convinced at all, I think they look too bling (read cheap n nasty!). What I'd really like is the brushed finish of the XK vents - now they look classy.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Guys,
I'm new to this forum and should be collecting my XF early next week.
I love the look of the chrome vents and I've already ordered mine from a company on ebay. £132.50 incl postage.
Rob

·
Registered
100 Posts
Not for me....Dont think it suits Liquid silver....I agree that it would probably suit a darker coloured car.

Its a personal choice.

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
starline250 said:
Hi Guys,I'm new to this forum and should be collecting my XF early next week.I love the look of the chrome vents and I've already ordered mine from a company on ebay. £132.50 incl postage.Rob
Hi starline250, welcome to the forum :) I am slightly surprised by the cost of your vents. It appears, from the list shown elsewhere ( see below) by penultimateblack, I do wish name wasn't as long, :lol: it seems that you have paid over the top, or at the very least the postage was not free :!: Do you plan to fit them yourself :?: download the instructions, link below.Which colour have you chosen, you might like to complete your Profile section and show the details :)Fitting instructions:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Not for me. Think the shiny vents would detract the eye from the lovely Sentas

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Too bling for me :D
Chrome mirror covers are even blingier :shock:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Oh, No No No NO NO

If you want to chav up a car, do it with one that's crap anyway - BMWs, anyone?

·
Registered
9 Posts
YES

this is WINTER GOLD...

·
Registered
176 Posts
pekem, could you whet my apetite and post a piccie of your XF showing the Chrome vents...yours is the closest for a match to my chameleon - something I havent actually seen yet other than the online 'build a car' which you cant add accessories to anyway (and colour realism is cr4p) :!: :!: I have put the car together in mind but have no real-life pics to go on.....pppuuurrleeease :oops:

·
Registered
425 Posts
Deck, your car looks stunning. Love the Volans wheels and you know what.. If I ever get the opportunity to pick a set of Volans up I might just take it. :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm with Penultimateblack and XFAndy, it's just too bling. The XF is all about understated quality and these affectations only make it look like you're trying too hard.

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
XF FX said:
pekem, could you whet my apetite and post a piccie of your XF showing the Chrome vents...yours is the closest for a match to my chameleon - something I havent actually seen yet other than the online 'build a car' which you cant add accessories to anyway (and colour realism is cr4p) :!: :!: I have put the car together in mind but have no real-life pics to go on.....pppuuurrleeease :oops:
There you are XF FX, will this sate your demands for a little while :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Chrome vents look best with the dark colours - here's a pic of mine on Indigo

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi pekem
Thanks for the fitting instructions.
I recon your right about the price, I was quote £230+vat by my dealer incl fitting and thats why I was chuffed to get them for £132.50. It looks straight forward to fit them so I'm doing it myself. Mine is a midnight black so the chrome will look great in my opinion. Looking for the pedels now, the car should be here next week!
Rob

1 - 20 of 231 Posts