XF Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you order these from your dealer then the dealer is likely to tell you that the clips that hold these in place are likely to break off when removing them to stop them being reused if they were stolen, for example.

That's complete BS. I asked my dealer to CAREFULLY remove my stock side vents when fitting the chrome side vents and give them back to me. No broken clips. It's just easier for the dealer to rip out your stock side vents and throw them away as the clips WILL break if a lot of force is used.

So I have my stock side vents as spares should the chrome ones become damaged or stolen. But you do need to tell the dealer to be very careful when removing them.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^ Bad luck on that! More often than not, they will break. They are made of cheap plastic and the clips are very flimsy indeed. But if you pester them hard enough then the technician may be able to take them out in one piece. It is the luck of the draw.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm really torn and unsure about the chrome side vents, not sure if they look too bling! The ones for the XK look so much better as they are brushed chrome not polished and are less "bright". Anyone know how to create a brushed effect on the polished chrome/plastic vents?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone got a picture of an XF with the Chrome side vents, I have just ordered a Premier lux 2.7 in Black and I am not sure if to go for the side vents or not?

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
I have a photograph of an XF which does have the Chrome covers which as you can see is on a grey car. I am sorry to say that I did not focus on the vents as such and therefore it may be the picture does not help very much. I suspect that it would look far better on a dark colour but as has been said before the Jaguar logo is less prominent. I wonder if the lettering would accept a filling of the body colour in order to provide the contrast that is lacking. PS. You will notice that this car also has the Chrome mirror covers.
PPS. On a previous occaion I was able to upload a larger file of the above picture which may help you more. See it at:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=36&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

1 - 11 of 11 Posts