XF Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm close to doing a deal on an XFR. Indigo/Ivory is my preference but I need to decide on the bling. I have seen this combination with the chrome vents and mirrors. Now feel free to call me a tasteless chav, but I have to say it actually looked quite nice and I think I will go with this (though I may ask to keep the original colour coded items just in case!!).

Does anyone want to confess to having chrome mirrors, and better still, have some pictures??

Comments/insults welcome...

X

·
0 Posts
Quadbore,

Having seen an Indigo/Ivory XFR in the flesh, the car looked awesome and the colour combination IMO is the best there is.

I'm just not so sure about the chrome vents and definately not keen on the wing mirrors!!

If I could afford an XFR I'd be adding the black grille and de-chroming the lower side air intakes, but at the end of the day it all comes down to personal preference.

Whatever you decide, enjoy...and watch out for those speed cameras!! :D :D

·
Vendor
561 Posts
I was a bit dubious about the chrome bits but after seeing them on Howard's black SV8 they work much better than I thought they would.

Not sure they'd work on other colours though.

And if you get an XFR let us know and we'll get an exhaust on it...the standard car is too quiet...

·
Registered
303 Posts
Quadbore, I'd say go with it. If I could afford an XFR, I'd want it to stand out as well

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Chrome vents look nice, must admit though the best colour I think is Kyanite Blue, saw one at the local dealer, nearly asked him if he could spray mine that colour. Usually the clips holding the original vents on get broken when they remove them, so I wouldn't rely on keeping the old ones. ;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Chavismo

I saw an Ebony XF this morning with the side vent in chrome. In the land of bling all I can say is even here it looks tacky. As an alternative you might want to consider having them in brushed aluminium or "black" chrome which might be better.

The side mirrors may be different as Audi puts brushed aluminium casings on their "S" models and that looks OK.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts