XF Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never bought a new car before and friend told me that apparently you get a choice of registration plate when a new car is first registered. I' not talking about custom plates, here, just a choice of standard coding registration plates, you know, just in case one 'stands out' from another. Like, for example, the 'BJ 08' plate mentioned somewhere on here - kinda tickled me that one ;-)

Does anybody know whether this is true or not?

David.

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
It used to be the case that dealers were issued a block of registration marks which they allocated in house. It also used to be the case that if there was an interesting number available it would become a deal maker. So, if nothing has changed, ask your dealer what he has of interest ;)

·
Registered
281 Posts
I was offered a choice of 4 registrations, none of which were great :(

Will keep the 09 plate for a while and then intend to invest £245 in an 'XFS' plate from the DVLA.

Hope you get offered some good choices, but at least it's a relatively small cost to get a nice plate if that's what you prefer.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I also understand that you will be offered to choose from anything from 1 to 10 nondescript registrations depending on what is left from that released block, but MY09XFS & MY09XFP (Portfolio) are still available from http://dvlaregistrations.direct.gov.uk/home both priced at £785 if any one is interested.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I found some XF specific plates at the DVLA site " _ _ JXF" was a good buy for £250

Paul.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts