XF Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I took the plunge and bought the Philips bulbs, when replacing them my offside bulb had gone the same as Bens, (Blackened). No wonder they were weak.

I would advise all to check theirs as mine worked but were feeble.

There must be an issue with these, as this shouldn’t happen after only 5 months

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
So would you say that there has been a worthwhile improvement compared with halogens when they were performing well?
Also, do you know the make of the failed halogen?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
in answer to your question Pekem, after driving for a week with the Philips the difference is really noticeable, so to sum up teh best £26 I have spent on a car in a long time.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
pekem said:
So would you say that there has been a worthwhile improvement compared with halogens when they were performing well?
Also, do you know the make of the failed halogen?
The factory fitted H7's I removed from my car are made by Phillips in Germany. Fully serviceable but still too dim.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Vapour its the Philips extreme power that we've replaced the standard ones with and they are astoundingly better!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
zx10ben said:
Vapour its the Philips extreme power that we've replaced the standard ones with and they are astoundingly better!
I wonder how much Jaguar saved by fitting fitting bulbs from the bottom of the Phillips range

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yep...one of mine was very badly blown but still working, albeit extremely dimly. The bulb was all blackened in side, with a huge bulge in the glass near the filament.

I swapped them for some +50% bulbs and that made a huge difference.

My local dealer then swapped them back for standard ones when in for a service :evil:

My original bulbs were Osrams, so perhaps the brand is not the issue; perhaps it's the handling / installation at fault (perhaps the car plant guys didn't have gloves on, and fingered the bulbs (ooh missus) - which leaves a residue on the glass that causes it to overheat).

Also Jaguar asked my dealer to check that the earth strap was correctly installed; so perhaps something there as well.

Cheers
Kenny.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts