XF Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
XF ordered a couple of weeks ago, with delivery by the middle of June. I think that means the car will be built around the end of May. So I was surprised to be told by the dealer today that they couldn't add the rear parking camera as 'it is too late'. Any idea if that is actually right and whether it is worth making a fuss?

Thanks, look forward to waving when I see you...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Have a go. Mine was already somewhere on the production line when I ordered it and I did make some changes to the spec (only the wood choice though). Definitely worth getting the parking camera if you can as I've not found it the easiest car to park. That's in part due to the fact that I am still a bit precious about it!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi :lol:

With regard to adding options onto the XF, I no for a fact that I added the reverse camera whilst on order. No sure who long before I took car but will double check but seem to be only matter of weeks so YES worth as bit of a moan to the dealership.

Will have a check a report back later

Jackaroo

·
Registered
171 Posts
Speak to Jaguar directly and tell them what you've said here. You can't get better than hearing it from the horses mouth, can you.

I am surprised and disappointed at how unhelpful Jag dealer have proven to be, if some of the experiences reported in here are anything to go by. It just goes to show that they're no different :( If a car dealer said he was on fire I'd have to toast muffins on him before I'd believe him, I'm afraid.

·
Registered
107 Posts
TimB said:
XF ordered a couple of weeks ago, with delivery by the middle of June. I think that means the car will be built around the end of May. So I was surprised to be told by the dealer today that they couldn't add the rear parking camera as 'it is too late'. Any idea if that is actually right and whether it is worth making a fuss?

Thanks, look forward to waving when I see you...
All I can say is that in terms of timing, mine was started to be built about 3 weeks after the order was placed. So, given that there is an ordering system for parts etc, and the whole thing is controlled by computer programmes it follows there will be a cut off date.
Having said that Jaguar need sales and this does represent more cash, so I am sure if they could add it they would. Do you have a build date? Jaguar uk should have this, that will be the date it is due off the production line, and as a rule of thumb I would take two weeks off that to arrive at the start of production.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the encouragement. I emailed Customer Services who phoned back next day. They had spoken to the factory and confirmed it was too late as all the parts had been ordered. Delivery date to me is set for 19 June, so if build date is a couple of weeks before that, say 1 June, then my car hasn't been started. So although Jag were prompt in reply, I am a bit disappointed they didn't make an effort. Can these things be retrofitted d'you know?

TimB

·
Registered
247 Posts
That's a bit disappointing that they won't make the effort. I think I would go back to them and say it is unacceptable. Say it in a nice way and offer to have the build date delayed a few days while the required parts are obtained. You never know they may change their mind.

I asked about retrofitting the parking pack as it was the only real option I wanted apart from different alloys and the dealer had a car in the showroom in the correct colour and trim. They told me it was not possible, but they could fit 'aftermarket' front sensors to the car. However, they wouldn't be integrated with the rear's and the touchscreen so I declined the offer and went down the factory fitted route.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts