XF Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a noticable rattle coming from the centre console which appears to be either around the cupholder area, or the CD player area. It is not a squeak, it is a 'full on', 'plasticky' rattle sound. Any ideas? :(

·
Registered
70 Posts
hi xkphillips have not come across this before but there are many things in that area which could cause that noise.It will really need to be diagnosed at a dealer. Go out with someone to show them the noise and it will be hopefully sorted.

·
Registered
38 Posts
hmmm, I wondering if it's anything like the one I had: slightly grinding, clicky noise that got louder and slower when decelerating and braking?

After a week of being told by the Main Stealer that they couldn't hear anything or that it had been fixed :roll: it turned out to be the handbrake release cable rubbing on the propshaft.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I had a noise from underneath the car in the same area. Although at first I thought it was the console. I could "play" with the noise at certain revs and particularly when under load. Turned out to be the exhaust heat shield not being bolted on correctly. Sorted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts