XF Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice there is a difference in the brochure between the carpet mats in the Premium Luxury and the Portfolio. Can anyone who had a PL and now has a Portfolio tell me if there is in fact a difference?
If so is it worth haggling with the dealer to get the better carpet mats?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
When I took delivery of my PL 2.7 in March 2008 I discovered Jaguar had supplied it with LHD Champagne mats! They replaced them with complementary Premium Mats bound with truffle leather and sporting the Jaguar Leaper logos on the front pair. Far better quality than the standard mat and they looked nicer, but were still easily marked by dirty shoes.

·
Administrator
22,501 Posts
As penultimateblack says, and implies, don't bother. You will spend all your time worrying how to get your expensive carpets clean :!: I now have a protective sheet over my Champagne / Barley standard carpets and wonder why on earth makers moved away from the central rubber pad that used to be incorporated into mats years ago.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I wouldnt say dont bother. The standard mats are thin and really awfully cheap like something you would buy from your local car store for about £15. The Premium mats have a much better pile, leather edging and Jaguar logos on the fronts. They are FAR superior to the standard sets.

Pekem, he doesnt say what colour he needs. Mine are charcoal and therefore look great even after all this time. One thing I have always been wary of is buying cars with light colour carpet and you have proven my point really. Jaguar is one of the few premium makers that doesnt allow the specification of light coloured seats and dark carpets, which is a shame.

·
Administrator
22,501 Posts
craig said:
I wouldnt say dont bother. The standard mats are thin and really awfully cheap like something you would buy from your local car store for about £15. The Premium mats have a much better pile, leather edging and Jaguar logos on the fronts. They are FAR superior to the standard sets.

Pekem, he doesnt say what colour he needs. Mine are charcoal and therefore look great even after all this time. One thing I have always been wary of is buying cars with light colour carpet and you have proven my point really. Jaguar is one of the few premium makers that doesnt allow the specification of light coloured seats and dark carpets, which is a shame.
He doesn't say what colour he needs Craig; he does tell us he has ordered Barley though. :)

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
craig said:
Jaguar is one of the few premium makers that doesnt allow the specification of light coloured seats and dark carpets, which is a shame.
Ivory seats come with dark (oyster) carpets.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Re Craig's point about light seats and dark carpets - I don't know if it has changed but I have Dove (light grey) seats along with black/charcoal carpets.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I never got round to putting mats in my S Type and after 50,000 miles the driver's footwell carpet was as good as new. I have got mats in my XF as it came with them and, assuming the previous owner had them in from new, they are showing no signs of wear after 14,000 miles.

·
Registered
281 Posts
craig said:
Not so Craig. Ivory leather comes wit Oyster carpets.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I wouldnt call Oyster a dark colour personally. I really wanted ivory seats but the door trims, carpets and lower dashboard in charcoal but unfortunately you cant :cry: I do think Jaguar needs to improve the potential to personalise across its range if it is going to play long term with MB BMW Audi and Porsche.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the advice. I have ordered barley / truffle interior so I will wait to see what colour the carpet and the mats are.
I think some mats have additional edging? So long as they are reasonable quality I will be happy, I just thought the portfolio cars had the 'best', and wondered what the difference was

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
The premium mats in my car are edged in the same colour as the contrast stitching.

·
Administrator
22,501 Posts
XF Long Wait said:
Thanks for the advice. I have ordered barley / truffle interior so I will wait to see what colour the carpet and the mats are.
I think some mats have additional edging? So long as they are reasonable quality I will be happy, I just thought the portfolio cars had the 'best', and wondered what the difference was
If there has not been a change, other than the name from Champagne to Barley, your car will look similar to mine, below, and I think, that short of asking passengers to remove their shoes, you will have a problem keeping it clean. :)

·
Administrator
22,501 Posts
Jinxy said:
Peter

The seat looks pretty dirty in that picture or is it just the way the picture ended up?

Steve
I will have to get the vanish out or keep the lions off the front seat :lol:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Sorry what I should have qualified that question with was that I'm looking at the different interior colours and with 2 young kids I guess light coloured is probably a bad idea ;)

·
Administrator
22,501 Posts
Jinxy said:
Sorry what I should have qualified that question with was that I'm looking at the different interior colours and with 2 young kids I guess light coloured is probably a bad idea ;)
I did have a light coloured interior on my S Type and two small Grandchildren passengers on numerous occasions.
At no time did I feel that the impact of muddy shoes, crisp packets or any of the usual detritus associated with small children could not be remedied by the use of a leather cleaner and a vacuum; it just needed to be applied more often perhaps than a car with a dark interior. :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Interesting pictures, thanks for the info. Looks like the Portfolios do have different mats with the Jaguar Logo.
I do anticipate plenty of cleaning but it will be hoovered, and cleaned inside and out weekly.

·
Registered
117 Posts
anyone know how much the premium mats are? Have the XF April 2010 price list with me, and they only list the "Front and rear carpet mat set (H69H)" for £80 incl. VAT. The premiums arent on there.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts