XF Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very disappointed with the quality of the carpet mats in my Prem Lux XF. They are thin, cheap and nasty. The drivers side mat has already developed a gouge where my heel sits. I'm not a heavy bloke so this surprises me even more. This is in just over a week of ownership.

I'll be changing the mats for the luxury optional ones in due course. My previous car had plush, hard-wearing carpet mats that were relatively unmarked after two years of driving. I'm hoping a third-party will produce decent quality carpet mats for the XF.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Roma, are your mats edged with dash coloured leather and Jaguar logos on the front pair? When I first got my car home I found the mats were wrong - LHD to be exact! When the correct premium quality mats arrived I was surprised to see they had leather edging and looked better quality. I wouldn't have known there were two different types of mad had Jaguar supplied a RHD set initially. Apparently the plain mats are accessories.
I must admit the mats in my XKR looked more durable.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
VG, nope, my mats don't have a leather edge and do not have the Jaguar logo on them either. They look nothing like the mats in your car. I'll try and get a picture of them this evening. They look out of place in the XF but are the right size and fit. The rear mats are just thrown in and look like bits of paper!

Are your mats the standard mats for Prem Lux or did you order the luxury optional ones? The dealer told me that the optional luxury mats had the leather edging on them.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I assume they are the standard premium luxury mats. As I said the original LHD mats with no edging were replaced by the superior woolen set with leather edging. The carpet mat set (H69H) in the price list says nothing about it being superior or leather edged. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts