·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
XF on Dave now (5th Nov)

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
I did watch the show but I have to say I thought it a bit silly really. It was just not serious. I mean the idea of placing the XF alongside the Bentley and Rolls Royce, Audi and VW and then asking to pick the car of the year from them was bizarre :oops:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got a proper little rage on!! exactly my point - what a line up - a £300k Rolls, fair enough, I think you can class that as luxury, the Bentley - say no more, the RS6 definately shouldnt of been there, certainly more suited to a performance category and the VW - sure its nice, but Luxury?

Wheres the Big Mercs, Maybach? But then your talking big bucks and even those you cant even put in the same category as the Jag.

What Car's Top 5 Luxury cars are as follows:

1 Mercedes S-Class
A class-winning luxury car - great to drive or to be driven in
2 Jaguar XJ
The style and quality of the cabin are something to behold. The diesel is excellent.
3 Rolls-Royce Phantom
Blends traditional Rolls prestige with the highest build standards
4 Audi A8
Understated, beautifully built, roomy and superbly equipped. It's seriously quick, too.
5 BMW 7 Series
Controversial looks and iDrive control can't disguise a fine luxury saloon

Watching it last night just made me laugh. Changing clothes in the front seat to determine space is just a joke and they only liked the RS6 because it was fast! I think the Jag did well at 2nd place in 2 of the 3 categories.

Anyway, I have voted on the website.

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
You say What Car's car of the year.
It is probably more accurate to say Dave's car of the year isn't?
Mention of What Car would imply a connection with the What Car Magazine, where the XF was voted Car of the Year
Or am I wrong?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
pekem said:
You say What Car's car of the year.
It is probably more accurate to say Dave's car of the year isn't?
Mention of What Car would imply a connection with the What Car Magazine, where the XF was voted Car of the Year
Or am I wrong?
What Car's Top 5 Luxury cars are as follows:

1 Mercedes S-Class
A class-winning luxury car - great to drive or to be driven in
2 Jaguar XJ
The style and quality of the cabin are something to behold. The diesel is excellent.
3 Rolls-Royce Phantom
Blends traditional Rolls prestige with the highest build standards
4 Audi A8
Understated, beautifully built, roomy and superbly equipped. It's seriously quick, too.
5 BMW 7 Series
Controversial looks and iDrive control can't disguise a fine luxury saloon

The XF came out top in What Car's Executive Car Class and was also overall winner to become 2008 What Car of the Year.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Errr......Am I missing something here

pekem said:
What Car Magazine, where the XF was voted Car of the Year
Or am I wrong?

Vapourgrey said:
Wrong

The XF came out top in What Car's Executive Car Class and was also overall winner to become 2008 What Car of the Year.
Now, I didn't get many high grades when I left school, but I'm sure you've just repeated what Pekem just said! :? :)

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
OK, point taken :oops: :oops: . The confusion was caused by the strange mix of cars in Dave's list. I wouldn't call a VW Passat a luxury car whereas What Car's Luxury list are all S Class sized.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Vapourgrey said:
The confusion was caused by the strange mix of cars in Dave's list.
Who's Dave?

Very funny thread due to the confusion! In my original post, I was mearly illustrating that the channel 'Dave' which has the program 'car of the year' put the XF in the luxury category which was not exactly 'balanced', with the likes of the Rolls!

Anyway, Ill say no more, its already complicated enough!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts