XF Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was today showing a friend how clever the car is, and that if you put your keys in the boot and close the boot lid whilst the car is locked it just pops the lid open for you..................... only it didn't :evil:

Then had to get friend to make a 30 mile round trip to my home to collect spare key. Luckily he's a good friend and still is, I think!!

Tried the 'trick' again when I had spare with me and it worked perfectly. Has anyone else had a problem with this feature :?:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Are you sure it didn't only work second time round because you had the spare with you and it was the spare activating the (un)lock rather than the one locked in boot doing it?

·
Registered
171 Posts
This is the one thing I was warned about by the dealer. He discovered it exactly the same way :D

·
Registered
216 Posts
lol. i'd never purposely do that - it's just asking for the Jag's British sense of irony to take you down:)

i like showing mine off, but there's always the niggling thing at the back of my mind that it'll play up. shows it has character IMO. way better than the metronomically reliable German offerings ;)

mine occasionally triggers the boot-pop when i lean a bit too close to close the boot :)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
XF FX said:
Are you sure it didn't only work second time round because you had the spare with you and it was the spare activating the (un)lock rather than the one locked in boot doing it?
No, when I had released the first key and tried again the car made the little peep peep sound and popped the lid. Have just tried it again at home and again it didn't work. I know it's not a major problem but it is quite a useful feature. Will mention it to my dealer and see what he says.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I actually wish someone had told me about this feature as I didn't spot it in the manual!

Just the other day I was loading the shopping into the boot (don't ask how I got roped into that) and I kept getting the 'beep' followed by the boot opening. I was just starting to complain to myself that the car was sensing the key in my pocket before remembering I had the spare key in the cup holder at the front (it was only the tell-tale beep that gave me the clue).

I left Tesco with a big smile thinking - what a wonderfully clever car :) :) :)

I guess mine works fine :D

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pleased to say mine seems back on track now too :D

Don't think I'll risk a little demo in the future though ;)

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
XFAndy said:
Pleased to say mine seems back on track now too :D

Don't think I'll risk a little demo in the future though ;)
Just tell your friends it is a stealth car. ;) ;) ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts