XF Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here's the quandry, sorry about the story length entry!

In March this year I ordered the New Jag XF through my local dealer, one week after the order was placed I went back in and adjusted the order adding Xenon headlights. The car is due delivery in September.

Now anyone that has had the pleasure of dealing with the sales chap in Senelager (Germany) will know that he is a very charming fellow and quite pleasant, however his communication skills leave a lot to be desired, ie. He is a pain in the )o( to get him to call you back or get details for you etc.

So, today I called his office to get a copy of the final invoice/order form from him (yes its taken 2 months to get it) However he is on holiday, so rang the head honcho in Reihndahlen (apologies for spelling) He informs me that an invoice will be on its way sharpish, out of interest I ask him to confirm all extras and it turns out that there are no Xenons on the order. He then informs me that the car came off the assembly line last weekend and could not be retro fitted with them. He states that he has an order form with my flick on it which doesnt have the Xenons on it (this was the original order form before I added the lights) His attitude then turned to one of like it or lump it, cars been made!

So......As much as I'd like to drive up to the Honchos office and constrict his windpipe, I cant be arsed to drive all that way! So, where do I stand? Has he got me over a barrel as he has my signiture on the old order form? I never signed a new one when I added the lights as the sennelager chap added it on his comp terminal whilst I was there, I cant check with him at present as he is golfing it somewhere. The wife was present when I added the lights so I have her as a witness.

Can I tell em to shove the motor and give me what I ordered? Or shall I just bend over and let them drive it up my )o( cause I'm screwed?

BTW I've only paid the £500 deposit so far.

·
Registered
306 Posts
If you can prove that the amendments were passed on (a date would be handy) tell them to stuff it and order a new car you should have plenty of time for a sep delivery.

gary

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I'll wait till chappy comes back from his Golfing week then have a word in his ear! Seeing what result I get from that, then I'll see what direction I go in. Trouble is I've ordered a lot of extras so they wont be able to shift the car onto someone else that easily, which makes me think they'll dig their heels in without any paperwork proof!

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
" never signed a new one when I added the lights as the sennelager chap added it on his comp terminal whilst I was there, I cant check with him at present as he is golfing it somewhere. The wife was present when I added the lights so I have her as a witness."

It might be worth asking the Dealer Principal to examine the salesman's computer whilst he is away playing golf. If the salesman is away it is possible that the addition to your order is still showing on his computer. Perhaps if it has been deleted it will have left a trace on the system. If you do not get co-operation in a business like manner you might consider simply rejecting the car on the basis that a, it is not what you ordered and b, they are not the kind of people with whom you want to do business.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah i see where you are all coming from, trouble is I am in the Military and being based over here in Germany we get reps for each manufacturer, so the Jag/LandRover dealership has only one rep, whilst he is away the SAAB rep next door is covering and doesn't have access to his computer. Its an absolute cluster and unfortunately to get our discounts and tax free purchase we have to deal with these clowns!
I'll wait till monday then speak to him, even if he holds his hands up and admits he's at fault, I cant see Jaguar making a new car for me just for the headlights! The one I ve ordered will be hard to shift as its quite specific with the extras:
2.7 D L, Burr Walnut, Mirror pack, winter comfort pack, Venus rims, Reversing Camera, Ipod Interface and DAB. If it was standard then I may have been in a better position, may just have to push for some free accessories and some of those premium floor mats!

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
It will not cheer you much to hear, if at all, that my dealer made a similar error, but the other way round. In fact I did not order the B&W system, it was not input by the salesman at the order taking stage, but the car was delivered with it fitted. I had rehearsed my protest but in fact I had no need to deliver it because the dealer simply made it a gift when I mentioned that I had not ordered it. I was not told where or when the error had crept in to the system, only that it had.
So, mistakes do happen post the customer ordering stage, but the test is how the dealer manages the situation.
Good luck with yours.

·
Registered
26 Posts
ZX10Ben:

Don't wait for your guy to come back on Monday, phone or e-mail the following guy and he will deal with your situation:

Andrew Garnell
Jaguar/LandRover Military Sales
Tel: + 49 (0)6196-9521-255
Email: [email protected]

He is head of Tax-free sales in Germany for both Landrover and Jaguar. All the salesmen have to deal through him so cut out the middle men.

For the future, I would recommend the guy from Osnabruck who will soon take-over Herford/Gutersloh when Os closes (details in sixth sense). He is spot on and will assist with all aspects of your car ownership, including the sale at the 12 month point. I have dealt with him for a few years now and have had no bad experiences at all. I would recommend him to anyone.

Good luck with a satisfactory resolution.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok final update on this one, the sales rep returned and we've spoken. It turns out that he did email the order through to Mr Garnell and that's where it stopped. having spoken to both of them they have obviously apologised and as consolation have offered to pay for my continental headlights and fitting which comes to around £450, which I have accepted. I did speak to Jaguar customer services and they were very apologetic, but the underlying fact was that they would not rebuild a car of that spec for me again, just to add xenon's.

Thanks to all on the forum for your imput and hope to see some of you back in Blighty sometime. As long as its not at night mind :| :lol:

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
craig said:
zx10ben said:
Xenon's are not able to be retro fitted.
why not?
It is extraordinary that a retro-fit is not possible; if true. It appears that any amount of after market solutions are available for the entire range of Jaguar cars, but alas, not for the XF! I imagine that it is only a matter of time before a kit make its way to the market and no doubt at the same time Jaguar Serice Centres will have found a way to do the job

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've gone through various routes on the retro fit and all end up with a not possible from Jag UK. I'm not sure why, one chap in the servicing dept thinks it may be down to the fact that the xenon's have a whole new wiring loom and washer jets, which must be built into the car at the factory. Who knows what may be on offer at a later stage but for now, it cant/wont be done by Jag.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have read that if a manufacturer fits xenon headlamps then they have to fit washers to comply with european directives, so it may be a cost thing as to why they do not want to get involved in retro fit. but if you fit them aftermarket you do not have to fit washers !!!! just keep an eye out for aftermarket kits. I am sure someone will make one soon.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts