XF Forum banner

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Dry your car with water. Never use a silicone blade or the like. As muenster says small grains of dirt can cause terrible marks.
I have had my car professionally polished and sealed with Gtechniq products.
When I wash,
Snow foam and safe wheel cleaner on for a few mins first, using ultimate finish products for this.
Power wash off K7 Karcher
2 bucket wash Ultimate finish safe wash, microfibre madness incredimitt
Wheels cleaned, microfibre madness incredifalir wheel mit and Ez wheel brushes
Remove excess water with the low flow hose
Dry with purple monster microfibre towel
occasional quick detailer, Gtechniq

Tyres dressed, Gtechniq

Sounds like a big job but it's not. Once you have all the stuff and get used to the process takes just as long as most other take to clean car.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Now we are talking about it, you can also buy machines for blowdrying your car. Some even use an ordinary leaf blower. Like always, there are pros and cons, and different people have different opinions.

Apart from that, I do almost the same as JWXF. Once you have the equipment and have tried it a few times, it's not that difficult. And the result is really great. Not only is the car shinier, but you can also reach into small spaces, that an automatic car washer can't.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I hope they remember to take the leaf bag off if it is a blower/sucker type :) Thanks again for your insight
I have one of those. It's old and dirty. I imagined, with horror, how it would look, if I tried to blow dry my car with that. But I can of course see, that if it's only a blower, it would probably only send out clean air.

I have been at my parents' with an old computer, that can't open many homepages. Now I'm home, so I did a quick search: The blowers made specifically for blow-drying cars are made by companies like MetroVac, Chemical Guys, Air Force and McKee's.

I found this nice article about using a leaf blower with pros and cons:

http://canadiangearhead.com/the-best-leaf-blower-for-drying-your-car/

And a wiki:

https://www.detailingwiki.org/detailing-miscellaneous/blow-drying-car/

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have used blowers to dry my car from time to time. I only use it now when I have no time to dry it correctly/with a towel. From my experience when I used it prior to towel drying the rest off the car was harder to dry. Seems that drying towels work better when they are slightly wet!
This is what I have fond anyway.

81 - 86 of 86 Posts