XF Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys, it's a long time since I've been on the forum, I hope you're all in fine fettle.
My problem is I've received numerous alerts saying my car may been stolen, although it's on the drive, I don't use my car regularly, I've tried to open it with the fob yesterday, it wouldn't unlock so I tried the key...still couldn't unlock it.
I no longer have Jag Assist, do you guys have any ideas where I can go from here?

Cheers, John.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Hello Guys, it's a long time since I've been on the forum, I hope you're all in fine fettle.
My problem is I've received numerous alerts saying my car may been stolen, although it's on the drive, I don't use my car regularly, I've tried to open it with the fob yesterday, it wouldn't unlock so I tried the key...still couldn't unlock it.
I no longer have Jag Assist, do you guys have any ideas where I can go from here?

Cheers, John.
Do you have an extra fob to try? Is the battery in the fob dead? It could be the car battery, which is dead. Can you open the trunk with the fob and charge the car battery?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Muenster, thanks for you reply.
I've tried my spare fob, even put new batteries in both but no good, the battery must be completely flat.
My previous XF had a way of opening the boot with the key but I can't find any access on this one.
I'll contact the dealer in the morning, I hope they can help.
Cheers, John.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just an update, I've had the AA to my car today, got into it no problem...the battery was completely dead & not charging either.
New battery fitted (my wallet £290 lighter!!!)
It a pity I can't drive anywhere now 😄
Stay safe

Cheers, John.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Good to hear, it was solved. Jaguar XF's often behave strangely, when the battery is worn out. And they tend to be somewhat pricey, those Jaguar batteries. But it could have been worse. At least your car wasn't stolen.

·
Administrator
22,421 Posts
Just an update, I've had the AA to my car today, got into it no problem...the battery was completely dead & not charging either.
New battery fitted (my wallet £290 lighter!!!)
It a pity I can't drive anywhere now 😄
Stay safe

Cheers, John.
Pleased to read all is good now John. Sadly it may be a while before you will be able to enjoy a trip in your car, with or without a new battery.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Pleased to read all is good now John. Sadly it may be a while before you will be able to enjoy a trip in your car, with or without a new battery.
Aren't you allowed to go for a drive in your car in Great Britain now? Here in Denmark, we are not allowed to gather more than ten people, and we are advised to stay home and see as few other people as possible. But it's not illegal to be outside walking, running, riding or driving.

·
Administrator
22,421 Posts
Aren't you allowed to go for a drive in your car in Great Britain now? Here in Denmark, we are not allowed to gather more than ten people, and we are advised to stay home and see as few other people as possible. But it's not illegal to be outside walking, running, riding or driving.
Much more restrictive here. Car journeys are for medical, employment and necessary shopping. Leisure journeys are out because in the event of an accident emergency services would have to attend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts