XF Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I know that the fuel computer should not be regarded as 100% accurate but it is probably consistent.
I was really pleased to note that on a journey from Cambridge to Biggleswade, via the back roads, I achieved 42.2 MPG. I then began to encounter town traffic etc and finished up with 41.4, as in the picture.
I did reset the meter to zero at the start and I am confident that if I had been able to continue the journey uninterrupted for a while longer I would have got an even higher figure.
Can anyone show a picture with a better return :?:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Last week did a round trip to heathrow. a total of 242 miles all motorway other than approx 20 miles max.
had an easy ride with no sudden acceleration/braking Etc, stuck to 60/65 mph on motorways with no hold ups & recorded 47.4 mpg. was well suprised & whilst i could have saved time by putting my foot down, i really enjoyed my investment , being the 'old git' in the slow lane.

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sodgob said:
Last week did a round trip to heathrow. a total of 242 miles all motorway other than approx 20 miles max.
had an easy ride with no sudden acceleration/braking Etc, stuck to 60/65 mph on motorways with no hold ups & recorded 47.4 mpg. was well suprised & whilst i could have saved time by putting my foot down, i really enjoyed my investment , being the 'old git' in the slow lane.
Next time you do as well, take a picture and post it here. You know a it's worth a 1000 words :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts