XF Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
you could see in my signature for some time now that my beloved xfs is gone now - few new small things showed on to do list...after spending nearly 3k at the end of last year, now dreaded restricted performance first and then check engine light sped up decision i was toying for some time...

sooo, here it is, smaller sibling, xe r sport, 2017, 2.0d. basic infotainment, basic seats, interior mood lightning.
it is a step down from 3.0 v6 with nearly all bells and whistles, but to my surprise it's no slouch. and how it drives - xf was superb on tight, twisty roads, but this? is miles ahead! literally glued to the road. not as quick and refined engine/gearbox combo as xf, but still great car to drive. and the colour...to die for ;)

calipers in need of refreshing...planning to do them today/tomorrow. in red.

it came with after market bonnet vents and r-s badges front and rear...front looks great, rear...bit out of place...

planning to replace them with them stripes. front as per below, but where to put it in the back? any ideas?

·
Registered
10 Posts
you could see in my signature for some time now that my beloved xfs is gone now - few new small things showed on to do list...after spending nearly 3k at the end of last year, now dreaded restricted performance first and then check engine light sped up decision i was toying for some time...

sooo, here it is, smaller sibling, xe r sport, 2017, 2.0d. basic infotainment, basic seats, interior mood lightning.
it is a step down from 3.0 v6 with nearly all bells and whistles, but to my surprise it's no slouch. and how it drives - xf was superb on tight, twisty roads, but this? is miles ahead! literally glued to the road. not as quick and refined engine/gearbox combo as xf, but still great car to drive. and the colour...to die for ;)

View attachment 50822 View attachment 50821
View attachment 50823
View attachment 50824

calipers in need of refreshing...planning to do them today/tomorrow. in red.

View attachment 50825

it came with after market bonnet vents and r-s badges front and rear...front looks great, rear...bit out of place...

View attachment 50826

planning to replace them with them stripes. front as per below, but where to put it in the back? any ideas?

View attachment 50827
Sound like you are very happy with your new ride. Beautiful car. Enjoy it!

I’ve got a 2012 5.0 V8 XF Portfolio with 85k miles. She still runs great and I will miss that motor when I change her for something different.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts