XF Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

Like everyone else, after dreaming about getting XF I am finally closer to actually do it.
I am looking for XF 2012-2013 - or in general after face-lifting.

However my budget only fits those with 110k-130k mileage. So my question is, is it a big gamble buying this XF with that mileage ?
I know I should look for the ones with service history and specifically that they had cambelt changed ( which I assume they would have to as it is long past the time).

What else ?

Also some another question for the members - I like to do some retrofitting to my cars if it's possible. Is that something common with XF or nobody is bothered ?

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
cambelt and water pump!

common issues at this age (not necessarily mileage):
intake cracks (made form plastic), issue might not appear under normal driving conditions, but when floored few times it will go to restricted performance mode
rear camera (boot loom cracking)
door latches
leaking screen wash reservoir
water ingress in boot
water ingress front passenger foot well (blocked drains under bonnet under windshield)
battery needs to be in tip top condition, if beyond its prime it might cause plenty of errors on dashboard, fixed when battery changed/charged

not scheduled by jlr for service, but it's good to have gearbox oil changed as well.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Great response from Bik3rz: covered everything other than brake wear, and if replacement discs and/or pads was done properly, and related to this, are all 4 wheels still round (even slight buckles in 20” wheels can cause wobbles under braking). Both easy fixes, though.

Only other thing I’ve noticed is that some instrument switchgear can get tacky, which is the UV coating beginning to break down and delaminate. Easy fix with goo off and patience. Speaking of interior, some have had problems with dashboard leather coming unstuck, but that’s a rarity.

Good choice of vehicle, though! Still puts smiles on my face when I drive mine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Find out about the coolant connectors. The originals on gas models crack and leak. Jaguar re-engineered them with new part numbers. Read up on it in this forum. The biggest pain is that the super-charger must be removed to perform the swap out. I knew this going in when I bought mine so I factored that in to my offer price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts