XF Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
My first post here in the XF forum, my name is sebastian and aim from Stockholm, Sweden.

A true Jaguar fanatic and have grown up with Jaguars around me (my dad restored about 10 Jags), my first car was a Jaguar.

I sold my fully loaded Jaguar XJR -07 some weeks ago, I LOVED that car but I decided that it was time for a change, and I have been very tempted to buy a XF for quite a while now, as a matter of fact my boss took delivery of his long awaited midnight XF SV8 about 2 weeks. We both took the car down to Germany for some shopping last week and it was a true blast to drive on the autobahn :twisted: I will probably never be able to use its full power here on the Swedish highways which is a pitty but as I drive down to Spain/ southern France twice a year I think I will find the car stimulating, to say the least :lol:

When I got back home I was even more tempted to get a SV8 myself, so I was at my local dealer for over an hour yesterday and everything apart from the exterioir colour was settled, I will go back to the dealer on thursday to place the order so by then I have to decide in what colour I want the car to be.

I want to have my car in some darker exterior colour as I think these makes the XF most justice, but of course thats my personal opinion

I dont know what colours are avaible in other countries but here in Scandinavia unfortunely most of the avaible exterior colours for the XF is very light ones, such as silver, white as well as different pale blue or grey. As my boss bought a black one I have decided not to go with a similar one, even though it looks AMAZING in black. My local dealer got a SV8 in radiance red and a SV8 in lunar grey for delivery, and will have azure blue, liquid silver and Porcelain white SV8s in their showroom in the up coming months, but I dont any of these.

Here is some of my options so far (the list is of course longer but will only list the notable options):

Charcoal/Charcoal leather interior
Oak veneer
Volans 20inh rims
Multimedia system
Glass sunroof (not 100% sure about this)

Its fully loaded to say the least.

So, the exterior colours aim choosing between at the moment is in this order, aim most tempted on the two first ones at the moment as you can see.

1.Indigo Blue
2.Botanical Green
3.Radiance Red

Possibly also considering Vapour Grey metallic.

I know its my choice in the end but any help, suggestions or opinions about my choice and which exterioir colour YOU think I should choose and consider would be very helpful to me, maybe also if you happen to have any photograps of any of the above colours in any dealerships, also interior shots would be good as you get a better idea about the combinations then.

EDIT: Sorry for my very poor english, aim orginally of american descend which you can hardly believe when you read the above.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I ordered an SC XF in vapour grey with the charcoal interior.
This looks amazing :D
But like you state, I also think that all the darker colors suit the XF (personal of course).
It would not be my first choise, but both greens look good too (the true Jag?)
Take a look at the color gallery to get a good idea.
However, The Jag colors tend to change under different light conditions.
Silver looks light blue and Pearl grey looks a bit purple to me.

Good luck ;)

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Afternoon Sebastian
I have a Vapour Grey XF with a Champagne/Truffle/burr walnut interior. VG is a good colour for not showing road dirt, but I liked the Emerald Fire/Champagne combination in the car my dealer left with me when my car was in for a new set of rear brakes.

My CAR

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pounder said:
I ordered an SC XF in vapour grey with the charcoal interior.
This looks amazing :D
But like you state, I also think that all the darker colors suit the XF (personal of course).
It would not be my first choise, but both greens look good too (the true Jag?)
Take a look at the color gallery to get a good idea.
Silver looks light blue and Pearl grey looks a bit purple to me.

Good luck ;)
Hello Pounder,

Yes I can imagine that Vapor grey looks great with black interior, I havent seen any with this combination myself, there is a Jag dealer (not the dealer aim buying from) with a XF SV8 in Vapour Grey here in Stockholm, imediate delivery and I could pick it up next week if I bought it, but unfortunely I has Ivory interior and with 2 teenagers still living at home thats not ideal.

Well over 200 orders had been placed on the XF here in Sweden even well before the first examples had reached the dealers, my dealer have sold over 30 XFs so far and have another 20 on order, the demand is not huge but neither is the number of cars that comes to Sweden through the dealers.

Yes I think many people indeed see green as the true Jaguar colour, that at least the case here in Sweden where 1/3 of all new Jags is somekind of green.

Thanks for the help, much appreciated ;)

·
Administrator
22,509 Posts
Swederulle said:
This is so true. I have a Botanical green and in today's bright sunshine it might well be thought to be Emerald Green. In other light its appearance can be more like British Racing Green and on occasions it will appear to be Black. So all in all it is a colour likely to please many people.

http://www.thegadgetbag.co.uk/XFBOTANICAL.htm

·
Registered
62 Posts
I hope this car will stay a bit special and that you won't see them on every corner like a BMW.
I think that in Britain the demand is the highest, the XF being a British car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have attcahed some pictres of my Botanical Green with Charcol interior XF2.7d PL it may give you some indication of how the colour looks and changes with the light

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I at my local dealer last thursday afternoon and I finally ordered the car, so what did I choose?

In the end it stood between Indigo Blue and Botanical Green, but after I saw a Indigo blue XF out on the street here in Stockholm (not a SV8 though) that colour was excluded as well as I didnt like it either, so I ordered my SV8 in Botanical Green instead.

My specs:

Botanical Green Metallic
Charcoal/Charcoal leather interior
Oak veneer
Volans 20inh rims
Multimedia system

Delivery in October/November 2008. Already looking forward to it.

Thanks for all help guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts