XF Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
These Guys remind me of Humphrey on Yes Minister!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ancill, can you post (or pm) the bulb reference numbers etc and where you bought them for all 3 replacements, thanks. Also, anyone replaced the interior reading and courtesy lights or footwell lights with LEDs?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Puddle light replacement

Need some help.
I've changed my rear tag lights to LED and now want to replace the side mirror puddle lights as well. I've tried every way to get to the bulbs and can't figure out how! Any help would be great.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I bought these replacement sidelight bulbs on auction site but they wouldn't fit, they were 12mm wide and wouldn't go down the tubular holder. The seller replaced them with a similar bulb measuring 10mm which fitted alright.
What annoyed me was that the seller specifically stated that they were for the XF ( and every other Jaguar). They obviously hadn't tried them, they seem to be selling them for all cars and waiting for returns to modify their lists.

John

·
Registered
5 Posts
The puddle light just clips out, use a small screwdriver to prise it out, it is a bit tight so needs a fair amount of leverage, or alternatively, use a small blade type screwdriver and enter into the gap between the bottom of the mirror glass and the housing and push the plastic tab to release the lens.

The bulb is a T5 wedge bulb that can be replaced with an led bulb with no built in resistance.
Hi Guys,

I have ordered & fitted an LED Unit replacement

Rectangle Sunglasses Font Hood Bumper

Fitted them yesterday & they don’t quite click into place, it’s like they are slightly too small for the hole in the bottom of the mirror! 🤷🏼
They are bright though & look good & work well! Just worry about them dropping out! I removed the old ones by using a trim tool to un clip from the bottom & it looked like it broke the clips! 😬 I’m wondering if I should try & fit them using the ‘mirror glass up’ method or even the ‘mirror glass removal method’ 🤔

21 - 32 of 32 Posts