XF Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my XF a week ago, the car is very smooth, all is great except for this annoying rattling sound that comes from my sunroof.. can anyone help, the car is only one week old, and has made 950 KM so far. When i push the sunroof slightly, the sound would disappear. also if the sunroof is tilted, the sound goes away, only when the sunroof is closed, the cracking sound is heard, any help is truly appreciated.

Cheers

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi Gazzazh
There is a modified seal for the sunroof.If you check the seal if its the modified one it will have a slightly rough appearance.Also silicon lubricant rubbed into the seal will help in the meantime.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx, i will be visiting the service today... will ask about the modified seal.. will keep everyone updated...

Cheers

:cool:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: I am supposed to get my car today from the service.. will update the status of the sunroof as soon as i get the car.. thanks for everyone's support.... I will keep my fingers crossed hoping for the best.

Cheers
:D :D :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Picked My XF Today,

Sunroof seal was lubricated with some type of lubricant.. the sound has disappeared, don't know if this is enough.. i think it will come back in a while. My delaer says they never heard of the modified seal.. If any one can give me the part number , it would be great so i can give it to the dealer to check.

Thanks
:roll:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PS : I have also check the current seal installed and it is not rough,, its actually quite smooth

Cheers
:!:

·
Administrator
22,498 Posts
You could do worse than to send a link to this thread to your Dealer's Principal with a note that JAG M/T is a fully trained, by Jaguar, Master Technician
and that a call to Jaguar Technical, he has the number, will provide all of the information that is presently lacking.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
First of all let me thank everyone for their help and support this past week. this site has helped and has been a great tool of information. I have talked to my dealer and they have ordered the modified seal for my sunroof. Thank you all for all your support. My seal will be arriving in 10 days... i will post an update when its installed so anyone with the same problem can use as a reference.

Cheers

:D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update:

Sunroof is much better now... the sound has been reduced by 95 percent... I think I can live with that...

New Topic:

Now i can hear another rattling sound in either the front or back passenger door.. its very irritating ... Don't know how i am going to solve this one cause i don't know where the sound is coming from exactly .. Any suggestions is appreciated.....

Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts