XF Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are thinking about replacing the front OE pads with EBC redstuff pads don`t bother,EBC do not have a suitable replacement pad as I found out recently.
I ordered DP31912C pads for XF3.0D 2009> as listed but when fitted were offset by about 3mm.These may fit pre facelift 3.0D models I don`t know.
The rear pads specified do fit though, so at least i`ll have 2 wheels with a lot less dust contamination.

D

·
0 Posts
I'm sure I read that the 2.7 ones fitted. Best to check first .

Edit sorry I'm talking about the 2.2

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RE. My post about non availability of EBC front pads for 3.0D:this is incorrect.The reason for misunderstanding was incorrect info on website;not only were the pads listed for 3.0D incorrect but the pads listed for the2.7D had incorrect profile drawings aswell leading to the supplier and myself wrongly assuming that no pads were available for 3.0D.Infact the pads listed for 2.7D[DP31911C] are the correct pads for the3.0D aswell.

·
Registered
167 Posts
RE. My post about non availability of EBC front pads for 3.0D:this is incorrect.The reason for misunderstanding was incorrect info on website;not only were the pads listed for 3.0D incorrect but the pads listed for the2.7D had incorrect profile drawings aswell leading to the supplier and myself wrongly assuming that no pads were available for 3.0D.Infact the pads listed for 2.7D[DP31911C] are the correct pads for the3.0D aswell.
Crossing fingers that you are right (and apologies for resurrecting a very old post!) - I'm about to contact the company that sold me Red Stuff front pads for my facelift XF (326mm discs) and they sent DP31932C - right dimension, but no provision for wear sensor. I'm about to ask for the DP31911C pads.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Crossing fingers that you are right (and apologies for resurrecting a very old post!) - I'm about to contact the company that sold me Red Stuff front pads for my facelift XF (326mm discs) and they sent DP31932C - right dimension, but no provision for wear sensor. I'm about to ask for the DP31911C pads.
Im ordering red stuff since 2016, they fit perfectly. With sensor (y)

·
Registered
167 Posts
thanks for the confirmation: so is that DP31911C pads?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Cheers - always a hassle with the front disc size difference! I'm able to see through the EBC website that the wear sensor mounting hole is more likely to fit with the DP31912C, but the knobbly bits near the carrier mounting look as though they won't fit (the tops of the original pads have a smooth arc profile along the top edge, other than the wear sensor hole). Anyway - I'm crossing fingers that the DP31911C will allow the wear sensor to plug in, and the company that I bought the pads from is looking at it now: hope to get the right pads very soon.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Now I’m told that the ‘11C’ variant is no longer produced...

·
Registered
167 Posts
I’m waiting to hear back from the supplier: (and I’ve returned the dud pads) here in Australia its not always easy to get the right information. With luck, I should have replacement pads before the end of the month...

·
Registered
167 Posts
Okay - mostly good now. New pads ordered. BUT, now every time I go for a drive, I get parking brake faults, requiring a reset of the EPB (as per guidelines). I’ve done this twice now, and it is getting tiresome to reset after a 5-minute battery unplug etc (and the battery is new, so no problems there). Any ideas what to look at?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Cheers: will take a look tomorrow. Everything went back together pretty smoothly, so I’m surprised that it may not be engaging on one (or both) sides. The EPB seems to be fine after a reset, and stops the car, but I’ll see what I can find.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Am I resetting the EPB correctly? Here's what I do...

First - release handbrake, switch off the ignition, disconnect battery for 2-3 minutes, then reconnect battery. Start engine. Apply footbrake firmly five times, confirm that message 'NOT CALIBRATED' is displayed in instrument cluster, then lightly press footbrake pedal.. I then apply the parking brake on the centre console, noting that this changes the pressure on the footbrake. And release it by pushing back down.

I then release the footbrake. The 'NOT CALIBRATED' message disappears, and for good measure I apply and release the EPB 4-5 times to make sure it does not return.

Is this the correct method?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts