XF Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 4.2 sv8 which comes standard with the 44owatt b & W system. Wheres the bass? The highs? The range rover sport comes with a Harmon Kardon system that is in every way better that this system. I don't know why Jag didn't use Harmon Kardon on the XF. The sub woofer is a joke. Even when you adjust the level on the sub, it makes no diffrence. I seriously doubt this is 440 watts. It is a very disapointing sound system and to imagine this is the upgraded unit. Anyone else have opinions on this system?

·
Registered
9 Posts
passatglx said:
I have 4.2 sv8 which comes standard with the 44owatt b & W system. Wheres the bass? The highs? The range rover sport comes with a Harmon Kardon system that is in every way better that this system. I don't know why Jag didn't use Harmon Kardon on the XF. The sub woofer is a joke. Even when you adjust the level on the sub, it makes no diffrence. I seriously doubt this is 440 watts. It is a very disapointing sound system and to imagine this is the upgraded unit. Anyone else have opinions on this system?
Hi passatglx, :!:

My opinion is that you have to ask your dealer to check your audio system...

This is one of the reasons ;)

http://www.xfforum.co.uk/2008/08/07/jag ... ins-audio/

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
I agree with Deck,there is merit in having your system checked out by someone who really understands it. :)
Quite a lot has been written about the Bowers & Wilkins system, here and elsewhere, but I can't recall ever reading criticism such as that before.

·
Registered
9 Posts
passatglx said:
And lets be honest, maybe you may compare it with Audi's (A8, A5) B&O or Lexus's ML but not with HK. :D :D :D

This link for your knowledge ... ;)
http://www.bowers-wilkins.co.uk/display.aspx?infid=1614

Kind regards,....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Deck, lets be honest, I traded in my 08 Range Sport to get the XF SV8. Range had a 550 watt Harmon Kardon system. The bass and highs were incredible. The highs on the B&W system are not even crisp. The only thing i still need to check if the subwoofer is hooked up or not. I can not hear any diffrence with the sub setting all the way low or high.

·
Registered
8 Posts
As far as I'm aware Bowers & Wilkins 440W system is not fitted as standard on the SV8. I had to pay £1100 to have it fitted as a factory option on my SV8 (was I robbed?). Having said that I think the sound system is excellent, and I can adjust the sub woofer to give a base which would make any teenager in his Fiesta very jealous. Are you really sure you have B&W fitted?

·
Registered
306 Posts
I'm surprised at some of the comments on here re the B & W system. I had it fitted as an option and think it is excellent. The DAB is also extremely good.

Re the earlier comments, are some people thinking they've got it on the car when in fact they haven't?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its standard in the US on the SV8 and it says bowers and wilkins on the tweeters on the doors. System is overated

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
passatglx said:
Its standard in the US on the SV8 and it says bowers and wilkins on the tweeters on the doors. System is overated
passatglx
Have you had it tested yet by an expert technician :?:
Also, it would help everybody if you would please add a little detail to your Profile.
I think that many would think that you are based here in the UK, but it seems from what you say about U.S. specs. you may well be over there :)

·
Registered
618 Posts
If you are a fan of big bass you will be disappointed with the B+W. As a company (even with their home systems) subs are their weakpoint and it is well known. In generally the system is very good but with certain types of music it can be left wanting BUT only at high volumes

·
Registered
9 Posts
craig said:
If you are a fan of big bass you will be disappointed with the B+W. As a company (even with their home systems) subs are their weakpoint and it is well known. In generally the system is very good but with certain types of music it can be left wanting BUT only at high volumes
Craig, I really don't think that a company like B&O could have a problem with "big bass" as you said... I believe that a good sound system is that one where all sounds harmonious sounds .... Hope that I used a correct syntax ... :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts