XF Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

what do you think--i just bought a XF 4.2

My previous 9 cars have all been BMW's--ended up bored with the same old same old and wanted something better and different-(also had one bad car out of 9).

Then the XF came up--it seems to fit the bill fully and looks great, goes great, handles great-it has a great spec, i just hope it turns out great.

Have you been satisfied with your cars??

Will it return the mpg that it states in the brochure--i am only looking to get the 25mpg combined figure--that will do--have i got a chance????

i will continue to read up on the car and now can't wait to pick it up sometime in this coming week

Thanks for your thoughts in advance

Reecy

·
Administrator
22,496 Posts
Warm welcome to the forum Reecy :)
You will probably know that most members have the 2.7 Diesel and the idea of driving around in a 4.2 is just a dream.
I can't imagine you have done the wrong thing; seems like pure joy to me. :)
You don't say where you are based and I suspect that you may be outside of the UK and It would be interesting to know just where you are. Also, I am sure that many of us would love to see a picture of your " rocket ship"

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pekem,

Thanks for your reply, i live in the NW of England, i must have missed some of teh info rmation when i signed up-i will go back and amend accordingly.

I will post some piccies when i collect the car next week.

It sure sounds good when you open the taps-goes well too.

I have booked my own fuel tanker for the first week while i have some serious fun, then i will calm down and drive normal--or maybe not.

Thanks again

Regards

Reecy

·
Administrator
22,496 Posts
Reecy said:
Pekem,

Thanks for your reply, i live in the NW of England, i must have missed some of teh info rmation when i signed up-i will go back and amend accordingly.

I will post some piccies when i collect the car next week.

It sure sounds good when you open the taps-goes well too.

I have booked my own fuel tanker for the first week while i have some serious fun, then i will calm down and drive normal--or maybe not.

Thanks again

Regards

Reecy[/quote ]

Good to read that you have arranged an adequate fuel supply, now I suggest that you visit:

http://www.road-angel-gps.co.uk/?ref=googleads

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just picked up a SV8 and couldn't be more happier. best car jaguar has ever built. I've driven mercs, Bmw's etc CL55, C32, 330i. Buy far just as good or better of a ride, even on 20 inch wheels. SV8 is a beast!!!

·
Administrator
22,496 Posts
passatglx said:
I just picked up a SV8 and couldn't be more happier. best car jaguar has ever built. I've driven mercs, Bmw's etc CL55, C32, 330i. Buy far just as good or better of a ride, even on 20 inch wheels. SV8 is a beast!!!
Good to read that you have joined the club :!:
Now what about posting a picture of it in viewforum.php?f=25

·
Registered
216 Posts
i've been running a 4.2 V8 S-type for 9 months now. chopping it in for a 3litre XF.

IMO the V8 is a great engine - plenty of grunt, and makes a nice noise. mpg wise it gets about 18mpg with solely town driving, and 28-29 on the motorway cruise.

matter of preference, but i've now driven the 2.7 td in an XF, as well as the V6 and V8 petrols in S form, and enginewise i liked the V6 petrol best, though you can feel that the V8 is a pretty big step up powerwise on the road

good decision though - i bet it'll be a lovely car :)

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I had an XKR for three years and no matter how I treated the go faster pedal it averaged 21.7 mpg.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts