XF Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just visited Guy Salmon Jag in Ascot, Chatting to one of the sales guys who had worked there for just over a year.

They had 3 used XFs on the forecourt all in Pearl grey.... I asked if they had a botanical green one around, he said no.... then he said to the best of his knowledge they hadn't sold one while he's been there; then to compound it, he said he'd never seen one either.

I asked to look at the BG paint swatch and guess what!..... BG wasn't on their paint wall, but the did have a swatch from the old paint wall......sigh

However BG is still top of the my list, but what I'm concerned about is the inevitable tiny stone chips you get on the bonnet. I used to have a Rover Sterling in pearlescent BRG and that had a pale undercoat which left the tiniest white flecks on the leading edge of the bonnet. Does anyone know what colour the undercoat is on the XF darker colours?

·
Administrator
22,504 Posts
How could I not read it, with such a title :?: :lol:
Actually I am quite relaxed about your discovery. As often is the case the local dealer is the weak link in Jaguar marketing :(
As it happens I did notice a Botanical Green XF S in pride of place under a spot light canopy in the showroom of Stratstone in Milton Keynes last Thursday; and very good it looked as well :)

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
David said:
Does anyone know what colour the undercoat is on the XF darker colours?
The nose on my car has collected one very small stone chip which looked white until it was touched up.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Interesting about the stone chips - I am sure I will collect some soon but I was told by the dealer that the undercoat is the same colour as the top coats so you shouldn't get the instant white 'giveaway' that you have collected a stone chip.
I will have to wait and see as I haven't collected any yet

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi,
I gained two small chips on my trip to UK and they do show up white, regarding touch up do you DIY them or is that best left to the experts?

·
Administrator
22,504 Posts
XF Long Wait said:
Interesting about the stone chips - I am sure I will collect some soon but I was told by the dealer that the undercoat is the same colour as the top coats so you shouldn't get the instant white 'giveaway' that you have collected a stone chip.
I will have to wait and see as I haven't collected any yet
Your dealer needs to change his Vapour Grey tinted glasses, the chips are white for everybody else :)
After 16000 miles I have had two small chips and they were brushed over by the owner of the body shop that did a paint job for me last year. He has the paint in his stock, which I have paid for, and so was happy to do the job free of charge :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts