XF Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Im unsure if this how its supposed to work but ..............

I can open the boot via the remote and the in car button. I can also open it via the exterior boot button, but only when the car is locked. When then car is unlocked the exterior button doesn't open the boot.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I've thought of a potential scenario where this may happen, but It's just a theory. Here goes.

N.B. Your car needs to have keyless unlocking for this scenario to stand any chance of working.
With the car double locked, walk up to car and get in via keyless entry. Using keyless entry opends just the drivers door. Your passenger doors and boot remain locked.
Exit the car, leaving key fob inside car, and go to boot. Try to open the boot by pressing the button. It fails because the car's passenger doors and boot are still locked and because the key fob has been left inside the car, keyless entry doesn't work. The car effectively thinks you're still in the car and is preventing an opportunistic thief from plundering your boot.

As I said, I'm just guessing as I no longer drive an XF so can't try this out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi thanks for the reply.
Leaving the fob inside the car had no effect on the boot release.
However, what i found is that with 2 stage entry enabled and the car doors locked, the boot would open via key less entry. Opening the drivers door only, the boot still opened. After unlocking all the doors the boot wouldn't open via key less entry but does via remote fob and internal switch.
I guess its designed that way .................. not clear to me why and it isn't mentioned in the owners manual.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Now you mention it, I do have vague memories of exiting the car with the engine running to get something out of the boot and finding the external boot release button innoperative and annoyingly having to return to the open drivers door to press the interior boot realease, which is a similar scenario to your's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts