XF Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am i right in thinking officially there is only the one 'boot liner' for the XF ?
I am suprised there was no net included as standard.
Anyone found a good net that can be used ?
Or a good boot tidy liner ?

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
mrmojo said:
Am i right in thinking officially there is only the one 'boot liner' for the XF ?
I am suprised there was no net included as standard.
Anyone found a good net that can be used ?
I remember seeing a storage item for the S Type which, if a half decent fit, may offer more than an "improved" model for the XF :!:

·
Registered
56 Posts
mrmojo said:
I have the "official" Jaguar one, it can be inserted and removed quite easily. I got the dealer to include it when I purchased the car, along with a few other items.

Interestingly the sticker on the it says "new S-type boot liner" :)

To help Mr Mepek, I am now "somewhere in England".

Regards,

Tony

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Tone the Bone said:
mrmojo said:
I have the "official" Jaguar one, it can be inserted and removed quite easily. I got the dealer to include it when I purchased the car, along with a few other items.

Interestingly the sticker on the it says "new S-type boot liner" :)

To help Mr Mepek, I am now "somewhere in England".

Regards,

Tony
Well we are narrowing it down, although you could give us another clue, perhaps a county :?: :lol:
Pekem

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Must be up North, down South, out West or in the East. :twisted:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Has anyone got a bloody great fire extinguisher in the boot of their car like mine, or is this just a Dubai thing. It seems to be the most awkward place in the world for it to be and seems that it is there simply because it was the least amount of hassle for the guy with the spanner whose job it was to fit it. Is this the same in the UK? See Photo.[attachment=0:15360q0m]DSCN3902.JPG[/attachment:15360q0m]

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Jules said:
Has anyone got a bloody great fire extinguisher in the boot of their car like mine, or is this just a Dubai thing. It seems to be the most awkward place in the world for it to be and seems that it is there simply because it was the least amount of hassle for the guy with the spanner whose job it was to fit it. Is this the same in the UK? See Photo.[attachment=0:1ws19ogk]DSCN3902.JPG[/attachment:1ws19ogk]
Looks like a joke to me :eek: Surely you can discover the legal position by just looking in another car. I can't believe it has to be that way :evil:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Pekem, you know i'm up for a bit of leg pulling, but this is no joke I assure you. I couldn't believe it when I opened the boot for the first time. Currently getting into some pretty embarrasing tangles with the golf bag. :D It's an easy fix, but I thought I would share the happiness. Maybe I could simply throw it in one of these new fangled boot tidys!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
You'll need a camel following behind with the luggage. :lol: :lol:

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Vapourgrey said:
You'll need a camel following behind with the luggage. :lol: :lol:
This is not a joke Jules :lol: :lol:
Seriously, did your old car have such a device fixed in such a manner :?: Has everybody got the same problem :?:

·
Registered
33 Posts
XF Boot Storage

Having just got my XF, I am trying to work out how to store things without them rolling around everywhere, particularly in the boot.

My previous car had an elasticated boot net, but it doesn't look like Jaguar do such a thing for the XF as an accessory and my old net doesn't fit.

As I have a spare wheel, that isn't an option really either?

How do others get on storing things like umbrella, warning triangle, fire extinguisher, torch etc?

Perhaps a trip to Halfords may be in order!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Same problem. I can hear everything rattling around in the boot. I have now bought a cheapo bootliner on ebay. Will let you know if it is any good. I needed one anyway as I haul a expensive ountain bike around. Thought I would try the liner before sticking a very mucky bike in the boot... As for the traingle and bits, As I do not have a spare wheel it goes in the wheel space. Now need something to hold the brolly in place.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
There is the official Jaguar boot liner which was designed for the Jaguar S model range.:lol: It does, however, fit into the boot of the Xf very nicely and comes with 3 neat foldable crates for shopping items.;) Any dealer should be able to supply you with one.:!:The part number is: XR8 34843 and I posted the data on the forum under "A boot liner for the Jaguar XF" dated 05.04.2011.:cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts