XF Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
The way I read that is: for the XF and XK R(s) only. ie. it's a chrome accent for the already fitted louvres.

·
Registered
618 Posts
They are inlays for the louvres already on the XFR bonnet akin to what you can get for the side vents,

Even if they were not i wouldnt recommend anyone to start making holes in their bonnet with a Jigsaw

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input , I think I got a little too excited when I saw the bonnet louvres and might have jumped the gun. Don't worry craig, I would never start making holes on any car, i'm still waiting for my XF so would've wanted it added before I even set my eyes on it.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Jaguar presumably want to limit the chance to customise 'lesser' XFs to resemble XFRs, quite right too, If I had paid £60k for an XFR I would want it to be exclusive too.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree! Although I can't help keeping one eye open with all of the new packs that have come about recently ;)

·
Registered
505 Posts
I've just discovered these as an accessory - has anyone seen them in the flesh?
Does anyone have a better picture of the chrome lourves?
I'm not a fan of too much chrome but these might look rather good on a black car.......

·
Registered
505 Posts
They would definitely be too blingy for me if they were all chrome but they look much more subtle than that - but I need a see a better photo
Having said that, I'm not sure I want to spend £156 on 2 bits of plastic :eek: - so perhaps I'd rather people say they look terrible!

With £156 of petrol I could probably accelerate hard at least twice before the tank runs dry :lol:

·
Registered
550 Posts
I have seen them in the flesh. I thought they looked quite nice. They are not OTT, as it is only the thin central strip that is "chromed", the rest of the louvre remains the same colour as the car. But I wouldn't have them and the Chrome side vents, I think with both it looks too blingy.

I understand that quite a few XFR's are having just the word "Supercharged" painted in, in either chrome or red, which is a dealer aftermarket thing. This is more discreet again, and I am told quite nice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts