XF Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 4.2 in Tokyo. I searched in vain for bluetooth so rang Jaguar Japan. I was told that the Japanese version of the XF does not have bluetooth.
Anyone have any idea why ? The several people in Jaguar Japan that I spoke with certainly didn't

·
Administrator
22,498 Posts
Could it be something to do with a privacy law, seems crazy I know, but I do remember reading that not everyone was happy with the data exchange capability of Bluetooth devices :?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think so, bluetooth is fitted on other models of Jaguar sold in Japan, it was only taken off the XF (I am presuming it was originally in there when the car was manufactured).

·
Registered
618 Posts
might be something to do with the type approval. Check that it has been cleared for use in Japan and if it has then ask to have it enabled.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. That is what I suspect but am having an uphill struggle finding someone in Jaguar Japan to help me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well 2 frustrating weeks later I am no further forward. Jaguar HQ insists that such matters are left to Jaguar Japan, and Jaguar Japan insists they unable to alter the configuration of a car (that includes turning the bluetooth on). So it is "passing the parcel" time with no sign of the music stopping.
Any thoughts other than "Live with it" !!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts