XF Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have s Samsung U600 mobile phone which I am told is compatible with the XF. However, although the phone docks successfully, only half of the names listed in my contacts folder have transferred to the car. I manually inserted the remaining names only to find they had disappeared when I next used the car and accessed the contacts. It makes no difference if the names are stored on the phone or the SIM card. Any suggestions which might resolve this problem would be most welcome.

·
Registered
374 Posts
That's a weird problem! Have you got hundreds of names in the phonebook? Also, the names that don't get transferred: have they got any special characters in the them?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I only have about 25 and they are all just standard. My previous car had a Parrot system fitted which stored all the names from the contact list.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Hutton1969 said:
I have s Samsung U600 mobile phone which I am told is compatible with the XF. However, although the phone docks successfully, only half of the names listed in my contacts folder have transferred to the car. I manually inserted the remaining names only to find they had disappeared when I next used the car and accessed the contacts. It makes no difference if the names are stored on the phone or the SIM card. Any suggestions which might resolve this problem would be most welcome.
I have a compatibility list for the new XK supplied by a member of the XKEC who is parts manager at a Jaguar dealership. If you PM your email address I will send the pdf file.
This is what it says about the Samsing U600.

New - SAMSUNG SGH-U600 0.2 Not recommended Handset only pairs 20% of the time with the vehicle system.

I checked Jaguar's bluetooth website for U600 compatibility using my XF vin number and it said:

NOT RECOMMENDED
If connection with the vehicle system is lost during a call the next time the handset is connected the vehicle system shows the call timer as if the call is still running. After this calls can not be made/received from the vehicle system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts