XF Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quickie, to help me get my thoughts sorted before I go and do the detailed spec with the dealer.

Does the BSM work both sides - that is, to say, does it do the REALLY helpful thing and provide the warning for those of us (most?) who drive on the Continent as well as in the UK?

And, of course, if not, why not?

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
Yes it provides warning on both sides. I would not want to be without it now. At the outset I was doubtful of the value of the system but not now.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks pekem - I can see its the sort of thing that would grow on one, and the salesman said (and salesmen never lie :roll: ) that of all the available add-ons, that would be top of his list.

Thanks for the bit about paddles too - I've always been a great gear changer in preference to brake user, so that your approach will suit me very well.

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
Interesting that the salesman picked the BSM as his favourite. If asked which would be mine I would have no hesitation in nominating the rear camera, or at least the audible warning signal. I find that I use the camera to ensure that I am in the right position and then wait for the instant of the solid, as distinct from intermittent audible signal, at which point I find that I am about as close to the endpoint as I would want to go without losing access to the boot or being able to get out from between two parked cars. I would also have to say that I am a great fan of the speed limiter. Having collected 6 points on my licence, 3 now expunged, I am really happy to set the limiter and obey the law. In fact, If I were to wish for an extra it would be for a remote warning indicator through the SatNav from say, Trafficmaster, which would require the driver to cancel if the automatically imposed limit on the engine is to be ignored. I understand that Transport For London was going to incorporate such a device on some of their vehicles.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Yes the BLIS system is really useful. Problem I get now is not being able to see the passenger side one as the passenger leans over and goes "coooo" every time something goes into the blindspot :lol:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In that case, I'm surprised that your favourite accessory isn't an 007-type ejector seat!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts