XF Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else with BSM find that it trips into 'blind spot monitor no available' errors, typically once every two days? It sounds a bit dodgy to me. Advice appreciated.

Thanks
Rob

·
Registered
21 Posts
Never had a problem with mine, just seems to work.

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
Never in over a years use have I seen such a message.
It may need little more than an hard re-set to correct. :)

·
Registered
618 Posts
I havent seen any error messages in over a year although at times it does come on when there isnt anything there but not often.

·
Registered
92 Posts
no real problems here but I have noticed once that it was not providing a warning when it should have done but I think this was because the car was very dirty at the time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Not had any problems so far (only 2 weeks)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pekem:
What size hammer is needed for the hard reset?
(Seriously, you mean disconnect the battery?)
R

Going in to dealers next week
Problem is I shall end up loooking at 3.0S Portfolios!

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
Astacus said:
Pekem:
What size hammer is needed for the hard reset?
(Seriously, you mean disconnect the battery?)
R

Going in to dealers next week
Problem is I shall end up loooking at 3.0S Portfolios!
:lol: :lol:
Yes, you are quite right; disconnect the battery.
As the Jaguar Assistance guy described it to me when he solved another problem; "it's just like re-booting the PC" :)

·
Registered
618 Posts
Astacus said:
No, I'm sure it's Leopard (OS 10.5)!
Does it fook! :D if it was running on Leopard we would have decent navigation, better touch screen operation, stability and everything would just work :lol:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Blind spot monitor - any good ?

I read a review where they said it had a mind of its own. Anyone had any trouble with it ?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Dad likes his....they've been replaced once under warranty but work very well he says.

X

·
0 Posts
Not keen. One of the demo vehicles I drove many months ago had it fitted but I was told by the sales person not to rely on it as, 'it didn't seem to be working properly' :shock:....it wasn't and I didn't!

No substitute for a check over one's shoulder.

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
I read a review where they said it had a mind of its own. Anyone had any trouble with it ?
culpano do please search before starting a thread because often, as in the case of the BSM one has already been started as with this one. :)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Not had any problems with it. I wouldn't use it without checking over my shoulder (obviously) but sometimes you don't register things, or you don't have time to have a good long look, or someone is coming up too quick and you miss them. It reduces the number of times you cock up, so I count that as a good thing. Mine sometimes registers when there is nothing there, or seems to pick up certain types of crash barrier when in the fast lane, but moving away from the object or an actual car going past the other way normally resolves that, and I'd rather have false positives than false negatives.

And Craig - if it was running Apple the XF would cost £80k instead of £40k, would be incompatible with EVERYTHING and you'd have to buy a new one after 6 months because it would fail or they'd automatically put new software on it which meant you could no longer drive it.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I've got it fitted and never had any problems with it but at the end of the day, it's a gadget and gadgets do go wrong...

·
Registered
200 Posts
And Craig - if it was running Apple the XF would cost £80k instead of £40k, would be incompatible with EVERYTHING and you'd have to buy a new one after 6 months because it would fail or they'd automatically put new software on it which meant you could no longer drive it.
The cost maybe but the rest of it sound more like Microsoft or Google Android than an apple product...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts