XF Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Black is the worst colour ever :!:
That is what the owner of an XF in any other colour might say.
It is interesting that, without searching the posts of early adopters of the new 3 Litre to confirm it, the colour of choice appears now to be Black. Is Black the new Vapour Grey :?:
In our recent poll, see link below, Vapour Grey emerged in the top spot and the question is if you are a Vapour Grey owner; do you secretly wish that you had chosen Black. That question I suppose could be asked of everybody. I was told by people in the Jaguar factory a year ago that Black was the new Silver.
So come on, now is the time to own up. Did you make a mistake with your choice :?:
Having chosen Botanical Green I have often been asked if it was “black or what” and so I am happy to stay with my choice. But if I were to order the new 3 Litre the question then is what would I choose :? :?:
Colour Polls:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=593

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I still think Vapour Grey is one of the nicest colours, but I felt like a change when I ordered a new 3.0D. I chose Ultimate Black because it shows up the lines of the car and compliments the Spice seats and warm charcoal interior I specified. I accept more cleaning will be needed and the dark colour will absorb heat more quickly if we ever get a summer again.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just giving up my black 2.7d in favour of a pearl grey 3.0d S, so must be bucking the trend. I've had three successive black cars in the past 3 years after a few years of silvers and greys.
My XF looks fabulous when clean and perfect but less so at all other times, and in this weather how often is that the case? As I've seen so many blacks on the road I'm glad to be moving away for a couple of years.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Currently have mine in Black with charcoal interior - becoming bored with colour inside though. I am considering the new 3 litre with the Spice interior !! Think that will look good.

Any Comments !!

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Slickfingers said:
Currently have mine in Black with charcoal interior - becoming bored with colour inside though. I am considering the new 3 litre with the Spice interior !! Think that will look good.

Any Comments !!
So are you saying Black and Spice :?:
It is interesting how popular the Spice has become. I have only seen photographs of a car with it and I hated it. Maybe you would say that the colour is less "sudden" in real life than it appears in a picture. :?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just ordered today for delivery April/May a 3.0 Diesel S Portfolio in Ultimate Black with Ivory/Oyster trim. Parking Aid, Chrome mirror caps and Power vents. Love those 20" Selena wheels. My first black car ever.....probably the only colour i have not had. Should look OK ;)

·
Registered
618 Posts
I have midnight with charcoal as i thought it was the best interior colour to compliment the rich oak and the blue lighting. I dont like the spice to be honest. i wish they would do a very dark red colour leather.

·
Registered
38 Posts
With 3 black cars on the drive I decided I wanted a change, to a colour that does not need cleaning every other day. I agree that black looks fantastic.... when clean but quite ordinary when not. Decided on Vapour Grey on 3.0d Portfolio but with the Sentas, I do not like the shiny plastic inserts on the Selenas.

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JohnBB said:
With 3 black cars on the drive I decided I wanted a change, to a colour that does not need cleaning every other day. I agree that black looks fantastic.... when clean but quite ordinary when not. Decided on Vapour Grey on 3.0d Portfolio but with the Sentas, I do not like the shiny plastic inserts on the Selenas.
Good idea JohnBB otherwise as XF FX suggests elsewhere, your drive might take on the look of a Funeral Directors establishment :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Having had a succession of black cars and been a slave to the constant cleaning required to keep them looking good and constantly 'tutt tutting' every time I found a new stone chip (frequent), I decided on a colour change with my last car (an XK). I ordered Liquid Silver which looked great and rarely looked dirty. When I ordered my XF i wanted to get something similar but didnt personally like the silver XF so ordered Vapour Grey (or Elephant Metallic as my daughters have nicknamed it). I havent been dissappointed. I like the colour and although it does get a regular weekly wash it never really looks dirty.
My daily commute is down narrow country lanes and frequently pulling over to the verge to let oncoming traffic pass does mean I end up with quite a lot of mud spletter along the sill and rear vallance. Wish I had had those mud flaps fitted !!!

Question is, now that Vapour Grey has odered his new car will he change his forum user name to 'Ultimate Black' ??? :lol:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
andrewll said:
Question is, now that Vapour Grey has odered his new car will he change his forum user name to 'Ultimate Black' ??? :lol:
I would if Admin allowed it - would you like Vapour Grey?. :D :D :D

BTW fitting splash guards yourself is a piece of doddle.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Vapourgrey said:
andrewll said:
I would if Admin allowed it - would you like Vapour Grey?. :D :D :D

BTW fitting splash guards yourself is a piece of doddle.
Not sure I would want people to think I was guilty of identity theft !!

Will have a go at fitting splash guards then - did you get them from your dealer?

Sorry if this is a bit off topic

·
Administrator
434 Posts
No problem Vapour Grey.

I can change it if you wish though I will need to issue you with a new password to make the change - let me know if your happy for me to go ahead either in this thread or PM :D

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Slickfingers said:

Any Comments !!
I will be taking delivery of a new XF with Spice seats, Charcoal and Figured Ebony interior in mid March, hopefully and will post photos.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts