XF Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vendor
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We can now provide grilles and vent bars in different colours to the original chrome. Obvious choice for the grille is to change it to piano black, the vent bars can be had in the same piano black or to match the body colour of your car.

The price for converting the grille is £250 plus VAT, the vents are £180 plus VAT both in black. Body coloured vents are £220 plus VAT.

This is to change your existing parts so we are going to arrange an exchange service, i.e. we send you the new grille and you send us the old one back once the new one is fitted. This is best way of doing this as it takes a few days to do the grille due to the complex masking process required and buying a new grille is quite expensive. You can always choose to have a complete new grille if you wish to keep the orginal chrome one.

The following photos are mock ups but the last picture is the real thing.

Get in touch if you want more info.

Original Chrome

Black Grille

Black gille and vent bars

The real black grille as fitted

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
It does look really good; well done to you :)
What sort of time do you estimate would be required for a dealer to take out the old grill and fit the new; also did you find it straightforward :?:
I ask because when the Chrome side vents have been swapped over, a number of dealers claimed that it could not be done without sacrificing the existing units.
Nobody would want to hear that in relation to the front grill :cry:
Finally, what would be the cost of the return carraige etc. :?:

·
Vendor
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pekem said:
It does look really good; well done to you :)
What sort of time do you estimate would be required for a dealer to take out the old grill and fit the new; also did you find it straightforward :?:
I ask because when the Chrome side vents have been swapped over, a number of dealers claimed that it could not be done without sacrificing the existing units.
Nobody would want to hear that in relation to the front grill :cry:
Finally, what would be the cost of the return carraige etc. :?:
The bumper has to be removed to change the grille but it's relatively straight forward and nothing gets damaged, just a bolt on bolt off. Not sure how long the dealer will to take.

Return carriage should be about £10.

If anyone is interested they can send a picture of their car to [email protected] and I can change the grille to black and send it back.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I like the black grill with the chrome surround. It looks like it should have been done like that in the first place. Well done SpiresST.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I think it looks much better on the ULTIMATE BLACK car, but it still needs the chrome edging. I am very tempted.

X

·
0 Posts
I too think the Black Grille is excellent and definately suits the car. I'm sure this will be a very popular addition.

Just wanted to ask Spires how the black finish on their grille compairs to the factory finish of the dark mesh in the lower grille on the front valance?

cheers

Jerry

·
Vendor
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
At the moment the grille has been done in a painted black finish, so shiny like black paint work. The lowers are bare black plastic.

As the grille is painted it can be done in any colour including a matt black finish.

On the real thing the lowers work well with the painted grille.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts