XF Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today on the way into work the DSC system failed. Wouldnt have been a huge problem had i not been pulling out of a road at the time and it locked the steering :eek: ended up with a huge fookin gash in the alloy and had to take the car to the dealer as it was stuck in reduced performance mode and wouldnt go above 30. Tried restarting but no good. After an hour at the dealer they reset it (and have ordered another alloy) but told me to keep my eye on it.

Honestly with that, the fact that the sill plates dont illuminate and the ipod doesnt shut off properly im getting the feeling being an early adopter can sometimes be foolish

Stiill the looks on the way home made up for it :lol:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Sounds like a software failure of some kind.

For info what happened to the steering was servotronic failure. The speed proportional steering uses the speed signal that comes from the ABS module, when this fails the servotronic defaults to full heavy. So now you know just how much difference it makes between full light and full heavy, and it's quite a lot. You probably need to be going over 100mph to get it to go full heavy in normal driving.

This is the only thing that could interact with the DSC as in all other respects it's just a standard PAS system.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
once it got hooked up to the computer you could see what happened. The DSC malfunctioned and assumed I was loosing the rear end (at 15mph at the most! :roll: ) so it applied the brakes to the front left wheel and when it totally stopped it the back end DID start to move to it applied the brakes hard to the front right. The effect of these two braking decisions meant that the steering just kinda stopped and.... hello kerb!

at least they are getting me a new wheel and i will be monitoring the DSC after they reset it. I will be contacting Jaguar for recompence though

1 - 3 of 3 Posts