XF Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

have my IRR on order, now time to plan my cleaning.
i have all the wash stuff, two buckets, wool mitt, snow foam etc.
but what next for the red?

·
Administrator
22,471 Posts
From experience I would say ensure that you don't get too close to the car in front at high speed. If you do make sure that you have some IRR touch up paint :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He he chipex is always a solution lol but do you guys wash then wax or polish and then wax etc?

·
Administrator
22,471 Posts
wax wax wax is all you need, the best you can afford and once applied the car will look stunning. Then with the occasional water soaked microfibre cloth and a final application of Maguiars quick detailer you will be the envy of the street :D

·
Administrator
22,471 Posts
Carnauba wax is said to be the best but be warned the price of it varies between a few pounds to thousands a pot. Just Google Carnauba and read all about it :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol I have maguiars 3 step with carnauba wax etc. was thinking dodo juice as an alternative wax or poor boys

·
Administrator
22,471 Posts
You can easily get carried away with all the claims of all these potion makers and I will simply say again, best wax you can afford, water and Maguiars quick detailer and your car will always be one that will be admired. Life is too short, as far as I am concerned for anything else. No doubt others, hobbyists, will offer contrary advice but those three ingredients do it for me. Of course from time to time you will want to "Clay" the car, indeed you should perhaps consider doing it at the outset, before applying the above. :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Perfect advice!!! So clay the car first delivery, wax to protect then quick detailer from time to time?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will order some dodo juice wax and quick detailer to start with. Already have clay bar etc.

·
Administrator
22,471 Posts
I have bought Dodo Juice, still have them, but that is the point I found that they were more difficult to work with, sun / temperature sensitive, and so went back to Maguiars because it always just buffs off in any weather condition, less hard work :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Might try my three step wax first after claying, or is there a better maguiars wax?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Something I would definately consider on a new Jag having suffered stone chips to front bumper and bonnet would be: Xpel self healing paint protection film, just google or youtube for more detail.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Touch up Paint IRR

Has anyone touched up those little bonnet/bumper stone chips yet on an IRR. If so what paint etc did you use?

Thanks

Brian

·
Registered
44 Posts
Perfect advice!!! So clay the car first delivery, wax to protect then quick detailer from time to time?
Just to add my two cents worth , i would defiantly polish after clay baring , then apply the wax ( AutoGlym HD wax is good ).
Next step if your really keen is then to remove the swirl marks if any. But you need a sunny day for that or a sun gun.
Enjoy you new motor !

·
Administrator
22,471 Posts
Has anyone touched up those little bonnet/bumper stone chips yet on an IRR. If so what paint etc did you use?

Thanks

Brian
have used Chipex on a small chip and it was as good as they say on the tin but I think that for a more serious chip I would need more patience than I normally have to achieve a good result :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
I couldn't fault paints4u paint kits , Need patients but the results where spot on and the kit was only £15.
This was done on a black car mind you, will post photo results if requested.
If you want tiny brushes for this type of work i would also recommend these http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/4-/33762682/UKplay365-3-X-Tiny-Uv-Gel-Acrylic-Tips-Salon-Drawing-Pen-Brush-Pen-Point-Length-1cm-0-8cm-0-5cm/Product.html?searchstring=nail+brushes&searchsource=0&searchtype=allproducts&urlrefer=search

I found these by accident as they are womens nail paint brushes but god they are good and the car looked ok after as well
:wink: lol.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts