XF Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But now i can join the club!

I've visited the forum regularly since ordering my XF back in Sept.(Liquid silver 2.7D)

I pick it up tomorrow :lol: Have to say that i'm not usuually a lover of silver cars but the BMW 520d Mtouring i have just handed back to the leasing company has covered 116k miles in 3 years so silver is better suited to my needs rather than a darker colour which will look like a pepper pot after 6 months with endless stone chips!

At times i have wondered about some of the negative comments on here (poor seats, sat nav etc) but no doubt i will find out for myself. I really do hope that it lives up to expectations and the reliability of the BMW which never missed a beat over the 116k miles, 113k of which were covered with the addition of a tuning box which transformed the car. i will certainly be looking to adding such a box to the XF in a few weeks time.

Will report back tomorrow on my initial findings after collection at 10.00am

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
Welcome to the forum PaulCP :)
It will be a great day tomorrow picking up and driving your XF, even if the weather where you are maybe a little wintry.
As for the negative comments you have read, it is to be hoped that they will lessen in future. Lessen because there is recognition by some members that they impact negatively on buying decisions of potential owners and that is not in anyone’s interest. Also because Jaguar have not ignored the evidence of warranty work; they have moved fast to resolve problems as they have arisen. Your car will have had the benefit of all the work that has been done to produce a Jaguar to be proud of.
As GaryXF wrote elsewhere, there are around 40,000 owners who will think the XF is a great car and I am sure that you will also. We will look forward to reading your impressions tomorrow. :)

P.S. I am interested to know which make of Tuning Box you selected.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well not much chance today to put it through it's paces. Managed to drive the 18 miles home from the dealership before the snow started on & off. Let's hope tomorrow's a better day.

Pekem, the tuning box on my BMW was a Steinbauer Pbox, an excellent piece of kit but more hassel to fit than most since it requires a connection to each injector. I will be looking at the Tunit device for the XF. We fitted one to my wife's car a few months ago with ease & it's provided a useful increase in mid range power & being a high mileage lease car i need something which is easy to remove & refit.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
If you want a box I saw this DTE Systems advert in this week's Autocar. It lists the S Type 2.7D which should work in the XF D.

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
PaulCP said:
Well not much chance today to put it through it's paces. Managed to drive the 18 miles home from the dealership before the snow started on & off. Let's hope tomorrow's a better day.

Pekem, the tuning box on my BMW was a Steinbauer Pbox, an excellent piece of kit but more hassel to fit than most since it requires a connection to each injector. I will be looking at the Tunit device for the XF. We fitted one to my wife's car a few months ago with ease & it's provided a useful increase in mid range power & being a high mileage lease car i need something which is easy to remove & refit.
Well if you are lucky you may just have a rainy day on Sunday :)
Thank you for the info regarding the Box. It was the Steinbauer that I was considering and I note that they are ready with an XF device in stock.
http://www.steinbauer.cc/neu/index.php?select_id=5

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well i finally managed a good drive of the car today following a weekend of being snow bound.

It really is something special after my BMW and very relaxing to drive.

Still trying to get one or two things set up right, only irritation at the moment is that all my phone numbers are in the vehicle phone book twice, presumably because they are stored both on my phone memory and the sim card.

Unless anyone knows better it looks as though the only way to prevent this is to delete them from the sim since the phone (Nokia E71) uses the phone memory to access contacts.

·
Registered
32 Posts
try seperating your phone memory from the sim memory that comes under the contact settings

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
Good to learn that your XF is something special and very relaxing to drive in comparison to the BMW :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tonys xf said:
try seperating your phone memory from the sim memory that comes under the contact settings

Thanks ;)

I've had to delete the contacts from the sim since the phone only uses the phone memory. Will just have to back them up a different way

1 - 9 of 9 Posts