XF Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will I need any special Jaguar thingy to attach for continental driving, or will the usual £1.99 circular stickies from Halfords do the trick, please? The certainly seem OK on the Bi-xenons on my Saab.

·
Registered
618 Posts
You dont need any at all, there are (well certainly on the Xenons) a switch on each unit which moves the beam to the other side. Tells you how to do it in the manual

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good news - thanks very much craig

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Steamdreamer said:
Good news - thanks very much craig
Now for the bad news - you have to remove the headlights to get at the switches!

·
Registered
64 Posts
This is something I intend to verify with the dealer. Looking at the handbook (page 78) it gives the appearance of "only" having to remove the headlamp covers to get access to the switch.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Hutton1969 said:
This is something I intend to verify with the dealer. Looking at the handbook (page 78) it gives the appearance of "only" having to remove the headlamp covers to get access to the switch.
Page 71 directly below diagrams.

Note: The headlamps must be removed to change the beam pattern. See REMOVING A HEADLAMP (page 75).

It is not a difficult job and only requires a 10mm socket. It might be possible to remove the cover and move the switch on the off side headlamp. The other side has less room.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Inclined to agree with hutton, assuming that the dealer wouldn't do it in 2 mins for no charge!

However, how to be sure where to put the tape and in what quantity - it seems unlikely that the off-the-shelf-kits will yet have an XF diagram, but perhaps they're quicker than I suspect.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Surely there must be some alternative to actually having to remove bits of the car to get at the adjuster though?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts