XF Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm new to this so not sure how it works,
I own a 2012 2.2 xf, last few months iv been having the "battery not charging" warning come up, iv replaced both batteries and checked the alternator, the other day I noticed a split wire in the cable leading from the auxiliary battery fuse box, with it been only a plug and play, I replaced this myself. After replacing I found that the same wire has frayed burnt out and split, this wire goes back to a earth mount in the boot next to the boot lock, Iv been told that u need an entire new body loom but really don't like the sound of that, any suggestions
Motor vehicle Hood Electrical wiring Automotive exterior Cable
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Trunk Automotive exterior Vehicle door

·
Registered
2017 XF 2l diesel r sport
37 Posts
If you manage to replace the damaged sections yourself it should be fine, as long as you make good connections. Soldering is the best option if you can do it and cover with heat shrink, alternatively splicing in the wires by hand and use insulation tape. Don't know how this could of happened?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I put in a new wire today, to where the old one was and no soon as i connected the battery the auxiliary battery fuse box started smoking, disconnected straight away and took my wire out of there, suppose its time for a professional

1 - 6 of 6 Posts